+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steve Smith Calls it quits

Steve Smith Calls it quits

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...er-six-seasons
    Im glad hes retiring instead of continuing to bounce around the league. He was a good guy who had a stretch of bad luck. I wish you the best Mr. Smith. Once a giant always a Giant.

Wow what a bummer. His time with the Giants was extremely memorable and I wish him the best in whatever he decides to pursue.

He was a big time threat when he played for us. It was unfortunate the way his time with the Giants ended the way it did and even more unfortunate that his career ended because of one bad decision to play instead of taking his time to recover

I won't be surprised if we still see a thread suggesting we should pick him up.

The Eagles rushed him back too quickly and ruined his career.

wwwwwwow....i almost cant believe this. man, thigs got way outta hand for him. first, he had that what was it, shoulder injury? We tried rushing him back for a Minn. game, only for him to then tear his knee up at the end of the game (just as he was getting back from that other injury). From there, he rehabbed until that offseason, in which he became a FA.

He coulda signed a long term deal according to Mara or Tisch, and declined. If that cntract was really offered, id bet SS feels like that was the biggest mistake of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by NWKEffectElement View Post
    I won't be surprised if we still see a thread suggesting we should pick him up.
    hmmmmm....

Thanks for the memories Steve!

Cruz, your move sir.

Quote Originally Posted by JPP=BEASTMODE View Post
    The Eagles rushed him back too quickly and ruined his career.
    Completely agree 100%.

+ Reply to Thread