+ Reply to Thread

Steinbrenner's Idiot Sons have Ruined What George Built

I can't even watch this team anymore. They've become the friggin Bronx Mets.
    Just like the Jerry Manuel Mets, the Yankees have been overachieving for a while with this roster of nobody's, but now the chickens are coming home to roost and they're starting to play to the level of the talent.
    It's the start of the 60's and 70's years of futility when I first became a fan before George came along and turned things around.
    At least the Mets have a pitching staff worth being happy about.
    What does it say about the Yankees that Kuroda is their best pitcher with not even a close second to speak of?
    George is rolling in his grave seeing what his 2 idiot sons have done to this team.

I just want to know when they're going to take care of the offensive side of the ball. It's rare to see them give up that many runs, but they just cant score at all... that's what killed them in the postseason last year...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I just want to know when they're going to take care of the offensive side of the ball. It's rare to see them give up that many runs, but they just cant score at all... that's what killed them in the postseason last year...

Man I don't know....great question.....great point.
    The idiot sons have a one track mind right now........luxury tax anxiety and getting the payroll down, down down.
    The good days of george spending whatever he had to to put the best team on the field is over forever. I hope we enjoyed it while it lasted.
    Maybe if we had a manager who wasn't an idiot we could get by with these guys, but Girardi doesn't have clue one how to play small, basic baseball.
    Hell, Gardner rarely steals a base for gods sake.
    Totally depressing...and having to listen to micahel Kay is twice as unbearable when they're losing.
    Last edited by bigblue58; 05-30-2013 at 09:50 PM.

Veteran
    this is only the beginning of the yankees misery. in my opinion they are gonna be pretty bad for years to come. all aging players going to be gone soon along with free agents who will be gone. that includes ichiro, granderson, jeter, a-rod, kuroda, pettite, hughes, rivera, chamberlain. plus there is also the complete disaster situation at catcher and a steeply declining cc sabathia. buckle your seatbelts cause this may be a long bumpy ride. and im saying all this as a big yankee fan. the only thing im gonna be able to look forward to is the giants.

Quote Originally Posted by L.T.56 View Post
    this is only the beginning of the yankees misery. in my opinion they are gonna be pretty bad for years to come. all aging players going to be gone soon along with free agents who will be gone. that includes ichiro, granderson, jeter, a-rod, kuroda, pettite, hughes, rivera, chamberlain. plus there is also the complete disaster situation at catcher and a steeply declining cc sabathia. buckle your seatbelts cause this may be a long bumpy ride. and im saying all this as a big yankee fan. the only thing im gonna be able to look forward to is the giants.
    sadly. I once mused of returning to the 80's misery...

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Quote Originally Posted by L.T.56 View Post
    as a yank & knick fan, thank god for the giants

Not sure what the surprise is here, the Yanks have been an aging team that management has been trying to keep together for the 'ol "one last run" for a couple of seasons now, eventually you have to start rebuilding with young players. After this season, that's going to have to start. They'll need to get back to cultivating some young, in grown talent, and bring in some fresh faces.

Having to rebuild after nearly 20 years of consistent excellent is nothing to be ashamed about. Not the junior Steinbrenners' fault that Jeter, Arod, Petite, Mo and the rest got old, it was going to happen eventually.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    as a yank & knick fan, thank god for the giants
    ...except when they play down to their opponent then it's like Yaaaaaaaaaaaghhhhhhhh !

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue@NYC View Post
    Not sure what the surprise is here, the Yanks have been an aging team that management has been trying to keep together for the 'ol "one last run" for a couple of seasons now, eventually you have to start rebuilding with young players. After this season, that's going to have to start. They'll need to get back to cultivating some young, in grown talent, and bring in some fresh faces.

Having to rebuild after nearly 20 years of consistent excellent is nothing to be ashamed about. Not the junior Steinbrenners' fault that Jeter, Arod, Petite, Mo and the rest got old, it was going to happen eventually.
    excellent post but it doesn't remove the bitter taste.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

The Yanks are going to have to go through a Marlins style fire sale. The unfortunate thing for the Yanks though is that they will have to eat some of the enormous contracts they handed out.

Would love to see them focus on farm talent and be conservative on free agents. Bring in free agents that are in their early twenties or something..not mid-thirties.

i still have hope that pineda will pan out and replace that bum hughes.