+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Top Skilled Position Players in NCAA for 2014:

Who are your top players that you project will be the best players in college football in 2014? Not necessarily the top draft picks, because we dont know who will be picking, but the top "Heisman" players by position.

We can bump this back after the season and see who has been doing their homework. You can break down the positions further if you feel inclined (OLB, ILB, OT, OG, C, ect...)

QB- Marcus Mariota Oregon
    RB- Todd Gurley Georgia
    WR- Stefon Diggs Maryland
    TE- Nick OLearey FSU
    OL- Andrus Peat Stanford

DE- Randy Gregory Nebraska
    DT- Leonard Williams USC
    LB- Denzel Perryman Miami
    CB- Vernon Hargreaves III Florida
    S- Landon Collins Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Who are your top players that you project will be the best players in college football in 2014? Not necessarily the top draft picks, because we dont know who will be picking, but the top "Heisman" players by position.

We can bump this back after the season and see who has been doing their homework. You can break down the positions further if you feel inclined (OLB, ILB, OT, OG, C, ect...)

RB- Todd Gurley Georgia
    TE- Nick OLearey FSU
    OL- Andrus Peat Stanford

DT- Leonard Williams USC
    yes I agree with your assessment of top players. Certainly some blue chip standouts among them, however.....

Unless our offense is a total flop and does a repeat encore performance of last years team as well as our defense totally stinks it up I don't see us being in position for any of these type players...

I hoping for a season we draft 32nd and or last in each round barring trades lol.

Realistically I see the giants drafting in mid 20s giving them a successful season with a playoff game or 2 and around a 9-7 to 10-6 finish. Hardly bad enough to look at the players you listed or even two tiers behind them ..
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    yes I agree with your assessment of top players. Certainly some blue chip standouts among them, however.....

Unless our offense is a total flop and does a repeat encore performance of last years team as well as our defense totally stinks it up I don't see us being in position for any of these type players...

I hoping for a season we draft 32nd and or last in each round barring trades lol.

Realistically I see the giants drafting in mid 20s giving them a successful season with a playoff game or 2 and around a 9-7 to 10-6 finish. Hardly bad enough to look at the players you listed or even two tiers behind them ..
    This has nothing to do with the Giants Draft, just the draft and college rankings in general. Top QB, Top RB, Top WR ect. In your opinion. With that said, the Giants may be in position to get a few of these guys.

RB- Todd Gurley Georgia
    TE- Nick OLearey FSU
    OL- Andrus Peat Stanford

DT- Leonard Williams USC
    Love the list on both sides of the ball. Gregory is going to be a monster, Diggs is really going to surprise people, and Perryman is a huge hitting LB.

The rest of the guys are very good as well. I
    Gurley is so good. He is very fun to watch!

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    Love the list on both sides of the ball. Gregory is going to be a monster, Diggs is really going to surprise people, and Perryman is a huge hitting LB.

The rest of the guys are very good as well. I
    Gurley is so good. He is very fun to watch!
    Yeah, I really like Gregory. I am hoping he doesnt dominate and has an average combine, and we can scoop him up at 32 :-)

Hey man, What Cuse players you honing in on this year?

I like Durell Eskridge a lot at safety.

Also, another OT Sean Hickey. Dude is a big bad crazy strong tackle.
    Last edited by TheAnalyst; 07-23-2014 at 05:46 PM.

Kyler Fackrell DE/OLB Utah St- 6ft 5in 245lb beast who can play the pass as well as rush the passer. I expect him to have a huge season..

Deon Barnes DE Penn St- I want to see if this guy can get back to his Soph promise. Barnes has alot of natural gifts, but is coming off a mediocre season. Hes gonna be hungry to get back on the prospect radar.

Also, I think Dante Fowler DE Fla is gonna be right there with Williams and Gregory when said and done. Fowler, JPP, and Moore would be a exciting DE group.

Yeah, I really like Gregory. I am hoping he doesnt dominate and has an average combine, and we can scoop him up at 32 :-)

Hey man, What Cuse players you honing in on this year?

I like Durell Eskridge a lot at safety.

Also, another OT Sean Hickey. Dude is a big bad crazy strong tackle.
    **** I just saw this lol... I really like Hickey as well. I think Eskridge is going to have a good year as well. I like his game.

I really think Ashton Broyld is a very interesting player. They have shuffled him around A LOT and I think they need to find a position for him and stick with it. He is a talented athlete and I think that they need to get the ball into his hands. He is an under the radar guy I like. (I think Redeye talked about him in one of the threads talking about players for next year)

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Kyler Fackrell DE/OLB Utah St- 6ft 5in 245lb beast who can play the pass as well as rush the passer. I expect him to have a huge season..

Deon Barnes DE Penn St- I want to see if this guy can get back to his Soph promise. Barnes has alot of natural gifts, but is coming off a mediocre season. Hes gonna be hungry to get back on the prospect radar.
    I havent annotated it yet but Fackrell may be a little overrated , He has good physical skill but not great , decent pass rusher, but his tackling technique is poor and he ran himself out of the play numerous times. The biggest concern is his inability to find the ball , good outside linebackers just instinctively are heat seeking missiles to the ball thats not what I see here.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    **** I just saw this lol... I really like Hickey as well. I think Eskridge is going to have a good year as well. I like his game.

I really think Ashton Broyld is a very interesting player. They have shuffled him around A LOT and I think they need to find a position for him and stick with it. He is a talented athlete and I think that they need to get the ball into his hands. He is an under the radar guy I like. (I think Redeye talked about him in one of the threads talking about players for next year)
    I like Broyld a lot too, but he seems to have "mental" issues on the field. Doesnt seem like the smartest guy out there. Hell of an athlete though. Also, he seems to drop too much for my taste. Lack of focus maybe. Maybe he turns it around this season though.