+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Please Do Not Defer Because Of Wind Conditions

It may be good strategy if you can stop the other team. But demoralizing if they score on the opening drive.

Re: Please Do Not Defer Because Of Wind Conditions

I'd like them to defer anyway. I don't like a potentially explosive offense getting a shot to put up 14 in the game before we can touch the ball.

I hate when our offense goes first, it's almost Always a wasted drive. We hardly ever score on our opening drive.

I'd much rather let the defense go out there first and get the ball back in the second half when we usually are getting hot.

[quote user="egyptian420"]I hate when our offense goes first, it's almost Always a wasted drive. We hardly ever score on our opening drive.

I'd much rather let the defense go out there first and get the ball back in the second half when we usually are getting hot.
    [/quote]

So if we win the coin flip, you'd take it out of Eli's hand ?

[quote user="BlueBlitzer"][quote user="egyptian420"]I hate when our offense goes first, it's almost Always a wasted drive. We hardly ever score on our opening drive.

[/quote]

So if we win the coin flip, you'd take it out of Eli's hand ?[/quote]
    I just hope we lose the coin toss because if we win then Eli goes first. Call me crazy, but I honestly HATE it when we get the ball first. We hardly ever even get a FG on that first drive. It's usually a quick 3 and out.

Plus, in the 2nd half is when we usually turn it on and more than likely are down in score, so its the best time for us to get the ball imo.

Veteran

If the winds are really a factor it has always proven smarter to defer no matter who the Q. it simply is very difficult throwing into 30 mph for the strongest arm qb's and almost impossible to kick a fg - im ok with the defer IF THE WINDS ARE STRONG. `

[quote user="BlueBlitzer"][quote user="egyptian420"]I hate when our offense goes first, it's almost Always a wasted drive. We hardly ever score on our opening drive.

[/quote]

So if we win the coin flip, you'd take it out of Eli's hand ?[/quote]

I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but I agree with Egyptian420.

Our opening drives have been rough. Why not get the wind the way Tynes is best set-up for success in the waning seconds?

Also, I love when we get the ball first in the second half. It sets the tone for Eli's tale of heroics.

Don't worry though, Coughlin almost always elects to receive.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

Is it really supposed to be that windy?

[quote user="Gmen2005"]Is it really supposed to be that windy?
    [/quote]

yes

[quote user="BlueBlitzer"]It may be good strategy if you can stop the other team. But demoralizing if they score on the opening drive.[/quote]

It's ok, we stopped em'.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.