+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-Pro

Can The Gmen beat their opponent and the Refs again this week?

Seems like in recent past that has been the case. We had to deal with that issue vs GB and could not overcome the bad calls. Again at Dallas and just about pulled it out. Again somewhat vs redskins. And finally a whole bunch vs the Jets but we escaped lucky with a win. However some of those calls could have cost us that game to.

What do you guys think? Seems the Refs have been bad as a whole this season with fans all over the league complaining. However they seem to pick on the giants way more then most teams with crucial challenges going against us when it looks like on the replays that the calls were 100% in our favor.

I really don't think this team can overcome another bunch of bad calls by Refs. We have to work hard with all the injury to get a huge turnover or TD only to have Refs ruin it for us week in and week out. Let's hope we are the ones getting the questionable breaks for once this week
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

All-Pro

Re: Can The Gmen beat their opponent and the Refs again this week?

Bumping this cause I made it so late it will get buried before anyone really sees it and has a chance to comment on it

4-New York Giants!!!!!

Lets hope they dont have to fight the refs again. That GB game was brutal

i agree. i know as fans we all complain over bs. but lately, actually most of the season, there has been very very questionable decisions vs the giants.

i still cant fathom how that overturned fumble recovery for a td vs the jets happened. there was no way that the ref had clear, indisputable evidence to overturn it. vs gb, we all have seen the still picture (one of the posters here has it as his sig) where ballard was clearly in. there was even blue pellets from the artificial grass on the white which means that the knee HAD TO HAVE come down in bounds, yet again even tho thru replay, the incorrect call was made.

and even vs dallas week 14, there were HORRIBLE calls, a PI on webster on a 3rd down that prolonged the drive that dallas eventually scored a td on. there was a couple penalties on dallas that were clear infractions that the refs huddled, and picked up the flags.

i dont care if we even get the questionable calls in our favor, i just want an evenly called, fair game. its been brutal with the refs this year, if our post season is jeopardized bc of bad officiating, i'll be livid.

I think it will be tough beating the cowboys, I hope they dont have to compete with the refs as well.

I really think this Cowboy team rallys around Romo and comes out firing on all cylinders tomorrow. Our defense may be the group that needs to win this game for us!

GO BLUE!!!

It seems ( After the Jets game ) that all a QB has to do to avoid a sack, is to bounce it off a defender ( Even when He is in the tackle box )

[quote user="bubblesmcgee"]Lets hope they dont have to fight the refs again. That GB game was brutal[/quote]

THE RULING ON THE FIELD STANDS AS CALLED...GIVE ME A BREAK...

Veteran

[quote user="BlueBlitzer"]It seems ( After the Jets game ) that all a QB has to do to avoid a sack, is to bounce it off a defender ( Even when He is in the tackle box )[/quote]
    Right all a qb has to do is swing throwing arm forward and drop ball at knees. I don't understand how that is not intentional grounding, who is the intended receiver? His left foot?

If we get railroaded out of the playoffs by the zebra's, I will look into a class action law suit forcing the NFL into calling it entertainment and not sport.

We pay a lot of money between PSL's and ticket prices to be subject to game changing blunders by the zebrs's. NFL take note we are watching you.

All-Pro

[quote user="jints10"][quote user="BlueBlitzer"]It seems ( After the Jets game ) that all a QB has to do to avoid a sack, is to bounce it off a defender ( Even when He is in the tackle box )[/quote]
    Right all a qb has to do is swing throwing arm forward and drop ball at knees. I don't understand how that is not intentional grounding, who is the intended receiver? His left foot?

If we get railroaded out of the playoffs by the zebra's, I will look into a class action law suit forcing the NFL into calling it entertainment and not sport.

We pay a lot of money between PSL's and ticket prices to be subject to game changing blunders by the zebrs's. NFL take note we are watching you.[/quote]
    True. Used to be if you played a decent game you had a good chance to win. Now you have to worry everytime there's a close call it will go against you even though everyone's sure it won't. What makes it worse is some of these were game changing bad calls ( like in GB game) that cost you the game.. And there were at least two of them in tht game.

4-New York Giants!!!!!

All-Pro

[quote user="giantsfan420"]i agree. i know as fans we all complain over bs. but lately, actually most of the season, there has been very very questionable decisions vs the giants.

i still cant fathom how that overturned fumble recovery for a td vs the jets happened. there was no way that the ref had clear, indisputable evidence to overturn it. vs gb, we all have seen the still picture (one of the posters here has it as his sig) where ballard was clearly in. there was even blue pellets from the artificial grass on the white which means that the knee HAD TO HAVE come down in bounds, yet again even tho thru replay, the incorrect call was made.

and even vs dallas week 14, there were HORRIBLE calls, a PI on webster on a 3rd down that prolonged the drive that dallas eventually scored a td on. there was a couple penalties on dallas that were clear infractions that the refs huddled, and picked up the flags.

i dont care if we even get the questionable calls in our favor, i just want an evenly called, fair game. its been brutal with the refs this year, if our post season is jeopardized bc of bad officiating, i'll be livid.[/quote]
    It's sad but it has come to the point where everytime the Giants get a turnover, a touchdown or even a nice long gain you can't even enjoy it. You don't have time to enjoy the moment or celebrate because you have to look for a yellow or red flag.

4-New York Giants!!!!!