+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

I like Wilson but I also like Da'Rel Scott

Do you think he can help us out this year I don't hear much about him in the giants news, but from what he did before he got injured was very impressive. I just hope he can help us out this year and get back to ground and pound play action football.

Not sure I ever saw the "very impressive" parts of Darell Scott.

He looked like he could be impressive, but never panned out I guess?

scott had one fake punt ret in preseason for a td besides that nothing much from him
    FUTURE NFL STAR

through 9 games

22 rushes for 245yards 3td
    35 pancake blocks
    42 tackles 3 sacks (3 td saving tackles including final tackle as time expired to clinch win, hit of the game 9/14 )
    8-0-1 record///// invited to play in tiny mite bowl and beat the team we tied in regular season

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan12 View Post
    scott had one fake punt ret in preseason for a td besides that nothing much from him
    ....and a 97 yard touchdown run from scrimmage. Don't forget about that.

One thing that was really impressed me about him was his speed. That kid was unbelievably fast.

edit: 97 not 99
    Last edited by njg85m; 06-06-2013 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    ....and a 99 yard touchdown run from scrimmage. Don't forget about that.

One thing that was really impressed me about him was his speed. That kid was unbelievably fast.
    Both of those plays game late in preseason games...very late in 1 case. Most of the people on the field at that time were cut from the NFL within a week or 2.

I am not saying he is junk, but rather that those 2 plays are hardly enough evidence.

Furthermore, people like to bring up Wilson's 1 fumble last year in 132 touches. Scott had 2 fumbles in 5 carries his rookie year(1 was ruled down and not challenged because of circumstances, but it absolutely WAS a fumble and he never got another carry since.) So I do think TC had worries about this problem.

Scott is very fast, but I do not see how anyone can say what he is or isn't right now simply because we haven't seen enough of him and what we have seen in actual gameplay is very suspect.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Both of those plays game late in preseason games...very late in 1 case. Most of the people on the field at that time were cut from the NFL within a week or 2.

I am not saying he is junk, but rather that those 2 plays are hardly enough evidence.

Furthermore, people like to bring up Wilson's 1 fumble last year in 132 touches. Scott had 2 fumbles in 5 carries his rookie year(1 was ruled down and not challenged because of circumstances, but it absolutely WAS a fumble and he never got another carry since.) So I do think TC had worries about this problem.

Scott is very fast, but I do not see how anyone can say what he is or isn't right now simply because we haven't seen enough of him and what we have seen in actual gameplay is very suspect.

I'm not saying he is or he isn't I was just correcting the other poster when he said the only thing Scott did in the preseason was score a td on a fake punt. I don't have an opinion on him one way or the other, but like I said he has promising speed.

BTW on that fake punt, he humiliated brandon tate who had an angle on him. That's pretty impressing -- outrunning brandon tate.

Veteran
    I'm not saying he is or he isn't I was just correcting the other poster when he said the only thing Scott did in the preseason was score a td on a fake punt. I don't have an opinion on him one way or the other, but like I said he has promising speed.

BTW on that fake punt, he humiliated brandon tate who had an angle on him. That's pretty impressing -- outrunning brandon tate.
    Brandon Tate is not a speed demon nor is he very good. Scott is very fast, but I've yet to see him break a tackle. On his two big runs it was like the seas were parting.

On that play, he literally ran up the back of Brewer, stumbled, then ran up a huge gap that parted rather conveniently.

Both of those plays came late in the 2nd half of preseason games when the opposing teams were fielding players who, for the mast part, didn't make it in the league.

yes, he is fast.

But any goodwill he earned in those 2 long preseason carries has long since been nullified by the fact that his rookie year he fumbled on 3 out of 5 carries(1 was not ruled a fumble and was not challenged because of down in distance situation, but it WAS a fumble.)