+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I like Wilson but I also like Da'Rel Scott

I like Wilson but I also like Da'Rel Scott

Do you think he can help us out this year I don't hear much about him in the giants news, but from what he did before he got injured was very impressive. I just hope he can help us out this year and get back to ground and pound play action football.

Not sure I ever saw the "very impressive" parts of Darell Scott.

He looked like he could be impressive, but never panned out I guess?

scott had one fake punt ret in preseason for a td besides that nothing much from him
    FUTURE NFL STAR

Quote Originally Posted by tomuchtiki View Post
    Do you think he can help us out this year I don't hear much about him in the giants news, but from what he did before he got injured was very impressive. I just hope he can help us out this year and get back to ground and pound play action football.
    Why do you like him?

Veteran
    He'd better watch his back because Cox has been getting rave reviews thus far. Coughlin complimented him before and today Pat Traina wrote

Patricia Traina ‏@Patricia_Traina 3h
    Really like what Cox is showing. Good speed and change of direction. Very quick around the edge.

I know it's still early but there is gonna be a wide open competition behind Wilson and Brown.

11 carries for 25 yards, career stats.

Well in preseason, he did look like the better blocker than Wilson and Brown. So he at least has that. He's probably the RB that is most dependent on the holes of the offensive line. He doesn't have much of a lateral game to create plays like the others.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan12 View Post
    scott had one fake punt ret in preseason for a td besides that nothing much from him
    ....and a 97 yard touchdown run from scrimmage. Don't forget about that.

One thing that was really impressed me about him was his speed. That kid was unbelievably fast.

edit: 97 not 99
    Last edited by njg85m; 06-06-2013 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    ....and a 99 yard touchdown run from scrimmage. Don't forget about that.

One thing that was really impressed me about him was his speed. That kid was unbelievably fast.
    Both of those plays game late in preseason games...very late in 1 case. Most of the people on the field at that time were cut from the NFL within a week or 2.

I am not saying he is junk, but rather that those 2 plays are hardly enough evidence.

Furthermore, people like to bring up Wilson's 1 fumble last year in 132 touches. Scott had 2 fumbles in 5 carries his rookie year(1 was ruled down and not challenged because of circumstances, but it absolutely WAS a fumble and he never got another carry since.) So I do think TC had worries about this problem.

Scott is very fast, but I do not see how anyone can say what he is or isn't right now simply because we haven't seen enough of him and what we have seen in actual gameplay is very suspect.

+ Reply to Thread