+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: I like Wilson but I also like Da'Rel Scott

I think his rep was that he's got excellent speed but doesn't use it so well.
    I guess that's beter than having poor speed and not using that well either.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    as a general comment I must say you piss and moan more than another poster I have ever seen on these boards......
    The guy's a blatant troll. He sucks a lot of you guys in though . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    ....and a 97 yard touchdown run from scrimmage. Don't forget about that.

One thing that was really impressed me about him was his speed. That kid was unbelievably fast.

edit: 97 not 99
    Both of those plays came late in the 2nd half of preseason games when the opposing teams were fielding players who, for the mast part, didn't make it in the league.

yes, he is fast.

But any goodwill he earned in those 2 long preseason carries has long since been nullified by the fact that his rookie year he fumbled on 3 out of 5 carries(1 was not ruled a fumble and was not challenged because of down in distance situation, but it WAS a fumble.)

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    The guy's a blatant troll. He sucks a lot of you guys in though . . . .
    there are couple that totally agree with him so its prob and "dual citizenship" on the board
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    I think his rep was that he's got excellent speed but doesn't use it so well.
    I guess that's beter than having poor speed and not using that well either.
    I think he was more the straight line speed type of fast. Not shifty or anything. I think the real knock though should be that he isn't tall, like a certain receiver we have, left and came back.

All-Pro
    It will be back to the three headed monster attack with those 3 like AB, BJ & DW
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    I think he was more the straight line speed type of fast. Not shifty or anything. I think the real knock though should be that he isn't tall, like a certain receiver we have, left and came back.
    Sinorice Moss?
    No one remembers who came in second.

im not giving up on scott just yet. iirc, after the sb, and the beginning of the offseason before the draft, there was an article and scott was discussing working hard this offseason to get to the next level and stuff.

i like the kids game too. i dont necessarily believe the staff is getting impatient with him or anything. he was a 7th rd pick 2 yrs ago. I would think they want to see something from him this training camp/preseason. but i think the kid has some game and could be a factor, so, i just hope we give him some time to develop. hes not really the prospect Wilson is. scotts got some speed, and if he could get his pads lower/run with a bit lower center of gravity, he could break more tackles imo. i think the upsides there, hopefully we see some progress...

Bench Player

Scott

I remember another sprinter who was a straight ahead runner that made quite a career of it, with some time on the Giants. Any one care to guess?
    How often to we get a speedy guy like that? An imaginative coaching staff should be able to put this guy on the field. I think if given the chance, he will be an asset to this team. If not, cut him loose.

+ Reply to Thread