+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Both of those plays game late in preseason games...very late in 1 case. Most of the people on the field at that time were cut from the NFL within a week or 2.

I am not saying he is junk, but rather that those 2 plays are hardly enough evidence.

Furthermore, people like to bring up Wilson's 1 fumble last year in 132 touches. Scott had 2 fumbles in 5 carries his rookie year(1 was ruled down and not challenged because of circumstances, but it absolutely WAS a fumble and he never got another carry since.) So I do think TC had worries about this problem.

Scott is very fast, but I do not see how anyone can say what he is or isn't right now simply because we haven't seen enough of him and what we have seen in actual gameplay is very suspect.

I'm not saying he is or he isn't I was just correcting the other poster when he said the only thing Scott did in the preseason was score a td on a fake punt. I don't have an opinion on him one way or the other, but like I said he has promising speed.

BTW on that fake punt, he humiliated brandon tate who had an angle on him. That's pretty impressing -- outrunning brandon tate.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    I'm not saying he is or he isn't I was just correcting the other poster when he said the only thing Scott did in the preseason was score a td on a fake punt. I don't have an opinion on him one way or the other, but like I said he has promising speed.

BTW on that fake punt, he humiliated brandon tate who had an angle on him. That's pretty impressing -- outrunning brandon tate.
    Brandon Tate is not a speed demon nor is he very good. Scott is very fast, but I've yet to see him break a tackle. On his two big runs it was like the seas were parting.

Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    ....and a 97 yard touchdown run from scrimmage. Don't forget about that.

One thing that was really impressed me about him was his speed. That kid was unbelievably fast.

edit: 97 not 99
    On that play, he literally ran up the back of Brewer, stumbled, then ran up a huge gap that parted rather conveniently.

i think he is a developmental player and will compete for the 3rd spot. we may very well carry 4 rbs as we've done in the past. i like scotts upside i really do. he just has to get those shoulder a bit lower, and work on keeping his feet moving after contact, and i dont see why he couldnt be a successful nfl rb for us.

he also is a nice change of pace back, he is prob even faster than wilson in terms of top speed. i know he thought he had a shot n then we drafted DW. So, hopefully hes competitive. Not counting him out.

Quote Originally Posted by tomuchtiki View Post
    Do you think he can help us out this year I don't hear much about him in the giants news, but from what he did before he got injured was very impressive. I just hope he can help us out this year and get back to ground and pound play action football.
    Everyone else is playing behind Brown and Wilson unless something changes. Whoever the # 3 will be is up for grabs.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

maybe as a return guy. outside of that i think he would have to beat out cox or torrain for a depth spot at rb which seems unlikely.

Yeah I like Scott as well,man I hope he can get some time in this year,dude is faster than Wilson,and he can break it every time he touches it.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DVision View Post
    Brandon Tate is not a speed demon nor is he very good. Scott is very fast, but I've yet to see him break a tackle. On his two big runs it was like the seas were parting.
    Brandon Tate is not a speed demon but he has well above average field speed. Plus he had a great angle on him and was running full field. Scott humiliated him. It was impressive.

I think Scott gives us some depth at RB and some options on special teams. The dude is pretty big, and can fly.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Why do you like him?
    Well I like his speed and upside he had no shot when he first got here but made the team after a few good preseason games. I just want to see him get a chance to shine see what he can do. I was looking forward to seeing him last year but the injury sidelined him I think he could have used that time to get better but he was hurt and we had to go out and get two redskins castoffs RB.