+ Reply to Thread
    All-Pro

What I hope WE Don't See Sunday

The Giants go on a long drive from inside their own 20 to around Dallas 40 mixing it up with some nice runs and short passes to convert the 3rd downs. Then (like so MANY times before) on 3rd an 4 or 5 with Eli in the shot gun throw deep towards tHe endzone with no pressure and overthrows his receiver. Then u see him walk off field with that dumb look on his face as punt team comes on.

Why don't they stick to what was working and keep moving the chains??? This senario has happened time and time again this season and I just don't understand it. Throw the short pass or Screen and let dour playmakers get the needed yards...
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

All-Pro

Re: What I hope WE Don't See Sunday

I honestly believe that the biggest problem with the offense is that almost every play the receivers have option routes. So many drives have ended because the receiver went one way while Eli expected him to go another. Why over complicate the O so much? Eli would benefit greatly from a simplified offense where receivers go where he thinks they are going to go.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

All-Pro

[quote user="brad"]I honestly believe that the biggest problem with the offense is that almost every play the receivers have option routes. So many drives have ended because the receiver went one way while Eli expected him to go another. Why over complicate the O so much? Eli would benefit greatly from a simplified offense where receivers go where he thinks they are going to go.[/quote]
    That is true as well. But we do tend to bail out on long drives by throwing deep with a low % of completing it.

Then u factor in the drops and those are drive killers.

4-New York Giants!!!!!

All-Pro

We also tend to throw that fad in the corner with no sucess. This has been said on here alot already but why not use Barden in that type situation? Isn't that one of the reasons we drafted him?

4-New York Giants!!!!!