+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31
  1. #1
    Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mexico City, Mexico
    Posts
    147

    London or Mexico City?

    I know may be you don't care of international base of NFL fans, but I'm pissed of Roger Goodell, he wants a franchise in London, games every week and a Super Bowl, c'mon british people don't care about football.

    In Mexico City WE ARE 20 MILLION FANS, we have broke many attendance records in NFL games played here, we purchase NFL Sunday Ticket every year, gear, memorabilia, EVERY YEAR 500,000 MEXICANS TRAVEL TO U.S TO ATTEND THE GAMES and Goodell is still ignoring us. He's a racist!...

  2. #2
    All-Pro jomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    18,160
    European play or Mexican play is another in a long line of things being done by the NFL that have nothing to do with the fans and everything to do with enriching the league and its owners.

    I don't want my team traveling across the Atlantic and changing 5 or 6 time zones. Athletes cannot perform at their optimal best and in a 16 game season EVERY SINGLE GAME is crutial.

    Just my 2 cents.
    No one remembers who came in second.

  3. #3
    might be too dangerous in mexico. same reason UFC hasn't done an event there. who's even in charge over there?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    might be too dangerous in mexico. same reason UFC hasn't done an event there. who's even in charge over there?
    If only there was a way to reconcile the american and canadian rules...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

  5. #5
    Keep in mind, I am not siding with Goodel but merely explaining why he is doing this, or rather why the owners are doing this since Goodel is basically just doing their bidding.

    The NFL already has a foothold in mexico. While there is obviously room to grow, the mexican people already spend millions on football every year, as you have said. Europe is an untapped market and expansion there has the potential to open up brand new untapped markets. I believe this is the primary reason. But there is more.

    The 2nd reason is security. Mexico just is not secure enough in many ways. Can Mexico guarantee the safety or coaches or players as they travel to games? .What about the wives and children of players, where would they attend school? In many areas of mexico the wealthy are fleeing the country because of rampant kidnapping/ ransoms. I am not trying to judge, I am merely stating facts, There are numberous articles on this topic. Weathy people of all nationalities get kidnapped every day. Your country just simply isnt secure enough, I am sorry to say.

  6. #6
    Veteran ebick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,284
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    European play or Mexican play is another in a long line of things being done by the NFL that have nothing to do with the fans and everything to do with enriching the league and its owners.
    well....nothing to do with existing American fans.....I'll give you that....but it certainly has to do with getting MORE fans in "untapped" markets.

  7. #7
    Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mexico City, Mexico
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Keep in mind, I am not siding with Goodel but merely explaining why he is doing this, or rather why the owners are doing this since Goodel is basically just doing their bidding.

    The NFL already has a foothold in mexico. While there is obviously room to grow, the mexican people already spend millions on football every year, as you have said. Europe is an untapped market and expansion there has the potential to open up brand new untapped markets. I believe this is the primary reason. But there is more.

    The 2nd reason is security. Mexico just is not secure enough in many ways. Can Mexico guarantee the safety or coaches or players as they travel to games? .What about the wives and children of players, where would they attend school? In many areas of mexico the wealthy are fleeing the country because of rampant kidnapping/ ransoms. I am not trying to judge, I am merely stating facts, There are numberous articles on this topic. Weathy people of all nationalities get kidnapped every day. Your country just simply isnt secure enough, I am sorry to say.
    You're right with those arguments.
    I need to be more accurate. Kidnapping and drug cartel problems are exclusively from the north and coasts part of the country, thank God Mexico City is free of those problems, we have others.
    But I'm pretty sure is not about security, we had many NFL games before 2005 and there is not artist or music band who has stopped coming to Mexico for that reason (U2,Paul McCartney,Madonna etc.), we had Panamerican Games, Obama came two weeks ago, etc...
    Anyway, we will still loving the NFL and purchasing Sunday Ticket and travelling to USA to attend the games...
    By the way, DO YOU KNOW THAT IN MEXICO YOU CAN WATCH THE GAMES IN TEATHRES? THAT'S AWESOME!...

  8. #8
    Veteran EJ Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    650
    London ...no
    Mexico ...NO! Not even once.

    If they're truly set on creating a team outside the US, they should start with Canada. It is the most feasible place to start that has high potential with many football fans, even though I don't like the idea. The Buffalo Bills are the perfect candidate to move to Canada.

  9. #9
    Starter UKAnt14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Buckinghamshire, UK
    Posts
    395
    Well, I'm all for it....

  10. #10
    All-Pro jomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    18,160
    Quote Originally Posted by ebick View Post
    well....nothing to do with existing American fans.....I'll give you that....but it certainly has to do with getting MORE fans in "untapped" markets.
    If Goodell wants to chase this model he should move to create a European NFL and a South of the Border NFL and then work the winners of those 2 divisions into the playoff bracket. The travel thing from here to there is BS and not fan friendly or competitiveness friendly.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts