+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Want 2 Steve's next year

So I think it would be great it we had Steve Smith and Steve Spags. Here is why:

Spags: I do not care for Fewell. Spag liked bringing pressure.

Smith: Our current WR's are good but they have too many drops. Steve Smith was Mr. third down. (Assuming he can bounce back from his injury ) He could make our offence consistent.

Re: Want 2 Steve's next year

Neither is what the giants need. Slags was a great defensive coordinator because he had the talent.
    Steve smith is a wr, that's one of the only positions we are set at for multiple years.
    The giants need linebackers and offensive lineman.

[quote user="appodictic"]So I think it would be great it we had Steve Smith and Steve Spags. Here is why:

Smith: Our current WR's are good but they have too many drops. Steve Smith was Mr. third down. (Assuming he can bounce back from his injury ) He could make our offence consistent.
    [/quote]If his recovery continues, Smith could be a very good and cheap #3 option for us behind Nicks and Cruz with MM gone.
    No one remembers who came in second.

NO wan mara / reese bring back Smith. He had his chance, snubbed us for $$$$, he's done with this organization. Spags is another story. depends on what Fewell does sun. nite/ playoffs.
    I miss Red Hook!

[quote user="bklyn1028"]NO wan mara / reese bring back Smith. He had his chance, snubbed us for $$$$, he's done with this organization. Spags is another story. depends on what Fewell does sun. nite/ playoffs.[/quote]I never understood this argument. So another employer offers you twice as much as your current employer andthat makes youa bad person.......... for looking out for your family, coming out of an injury which could spell the end of your career?

I think the Giants offer was smart andfair (it's just business and Smith obviously isn't fully healed)

I think Smith didn't hurt us at allbut he took care of his family while he (hopefully) heals.

The Eagles were the only stupic ones in the transaction. haha They grossly overpaid for a guy who wasn't ready to compete at the NFL level just yet.

It is just business and 2 of the 3 parties made good business decisions.

No one remembers who came in second.

Smith i would bring back for the veteran minimum and let him prove himself again. right now, if brought back he would be nothing more than a #3 if that!

Spags was a great dc for us but if Fewells defense goes deep in the playoffs, i suspect he will be brought back next year.

that said, Spags could be an egirl before the Giants are done playing ball this season. just sayin!

[quote user="jomo"][quote user="appodictic"]So I think it would be great it we had Steve Smith and Steve Spags. Here is why:

[/quote]If his recovery continues, Smith could be a very good and cheap #3 option for us behind Nicks and Cruz with MM gone.[/quote]

This is funny to me, you guys have such a short memory. Smith did a complete 180, not only did he leave (which is fine, its business, I get it) but you started slamming our organization! Oh you guys forgot? Here ya go..

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...ike-the-giants

Our staff said its to early to play, didnt like it, phily and their well known garbage med. staff didnt care. He left so he can play week 1 bc HE thought he was good and now look ....IR....i dont ever want him back in Giants blue and you guys may say "it's business", well there is ways to do business and slamming your prior organization after signing to a division rival isn't it. Hey bro get your money, you're young, I get it, but have class about it.

[quote user="jomo"]

[quote user="bklyn1028"]NO wan mara / reese bring back Smith. He had his chance, snubbed us for $$$$, he's done with this organization. Spags is another story. depends on what Fewell does sun. nite/ playoffs.[/quote]I never understood this argument. So another employer offers you twice as much as your current employer and*that makes you*a bad person.......... for looking out for your family, coming out of an injury which could spell the end of your career?

I think the Giants offer was smart and*fair (it's just business and Smith obviously isn't fully healed)

I think Smith didn't hurt us at all*but he took care of his family while he (hopefully) heals.

The Eagles were the only stupic ones in the transaction. haha They grossly overpaid for a guy who wasn't ready to compete at the NFL level just yet.

It is just business and 2 of the 3 parties made good business decisions.

[/quote]

YOu miss understood me....sorry......I don't blame the Giants for not wanting him back...(my view, I really don't know what the front office is thinking..)..He went for the money (smith), and rightly so. It was a very smart move for him. I would have done the same thing. Same thing with Boss. I left a job I absolutely loved to move across the street at double the $. Smith and Boss did the right thing. However, I think he burned his bridge here that is what I meant.
    I miss Red Hook!

[quote user="appodictic"]So I think it would be great it we had Steve Smith and Steve Spags. Here is why:

[/quote]

Too many drops, but for the first time in franchise history, we have TWO receiver who broke 1,000 yards, one of whom has now broken the single season record held by Amani Toomer. Is Smith one of those two receivers?

Smith was damaged goods when they offered him $1M for 1 year post injury. Now he's twice damaged so what would yo suggest we offer him now? The eagles probably put him on the field too soon to prove the GIANTS were wrong in their assessment and all they proved was Smith was not ready and the GIANTS were right in their assessment.

We'll never know, but it could well be that had Smith stuck with the GIANTS he'd be marching into the playoffs with us instead of being on IR for his second year in a row.

He's not the same pre-injury Smith and we're better off with who we have.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

[quote user="jaygoon"]Neither is what the giants need. Slags was a great defensive coordinator because he had the talent.
    Steve smith is a wr, that's one of the only positions we are set at for multiple years.
    The giants need linebackers and offensive lineman.[/quote]

We have all kinds of WR talent but no one who can consistently catch the ball and keep the chains moving. Ever week we are hit or miss tossing up bombs and dropping td.Steve smith could do something none of our receivers could do, catch the ball reliably.

The point is we can probably get him cheap. After his eagles mess the giants are one of the few teams that would give him a shot.

Also look at guys like Osi or Phillips there first year back after injury is tough, but that second year they can have a rejuvenation.