QB Everett Golson gone from Notre Dame
Wow how about this
Kevin Lewis @KLewisWNDU 13m
BREAKING NEWS: #NotreDame confirms to #WNDU that starting QB Everett Golson is no longer enrolled at the university. pic.twitter.com/nUowXY2Y65
Crazy! Very depressing as a Irish fan. I like this Zaire kid there bringing in, but don't if there lucky enough to get another yr like Golson did outta a rook.. It sucks, becuase Gunner Kiel transferred just last month to Cincy..
Was reading he was gone due to a "Residence Life violation". What in the hell is that? Guess Rees is going to have to be the man because depth wise there really isn't anyone else.
I saw academic violation maybe he got caught cheating
Originally Posted by Rat_bastich
This is residence life violations at Notre Dame
1. Violence or the threat of violence against another person, or any action which causes injury to another.
2. Abusive or harassing behavior, including unwelcome communication.
3. Sexual harassment (for complete policy, click here).
4. Sexual misconduct or assault (for complete policy, click here).
5. Possession, use, or distribution of illegal drugs (for complete policy, click here).
6. Willful damage to the reputation or psychological well*being of another.
7. Dishonesty, forgery or taking advantage of another.
8. Failure to follow the directive of a University official aimed at protecting life, health or
safety, or necessary for the good order and proper functioning of the University community.
9. Theft, damage or vandalism to property.
10. Unauthorized possession of explosives, incendiary devices, firearms or other weapons.
11. Behavior which causes a serious disturbance of the University community or infringes
upon the rights and well-*being of others.
12. Actions which seemingly affect only the individual(s) involved but which may have a
negative or disruptive impact on the University community and/or concern a student’s
personal and academic growth.
They reported on Sirius this morning that it was an academic issue
Originally Posted by Redeyejedi
I never thought much of him as a QB.
No idea what this kid did, but I am happy to see ND stand behind their rules and principles. Too many Colleges let their players do as they please.
Ah, he was great last yr. He was better then his numbers indicate, and really was clutch in many important games and situations. If some were just to look at his numbers, i don't think they'd appreciate what he did last yr, as they would if they seen him play wk in and wk out.
Originally Posted by BlueSanta
He sounds like one of those types.
He wasn't bad. But, I always felt he got way too much credit that should have gone to Brian Kelly, who is 1 of the very best coaches in college football.
Originally Posted by nycsportzfan
I give him credit for not making big mistakes as a freshman. But I was talking more about him as a future NFL prospect. I see some problems in that regard