+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Who to drop?

Who to drop?

Have a chance to snag Dez Bryant from the waiver wire. As much as I'd hate to do it, it's a money league.

My options to drop are:

Travis Benjamin SD. Upcoming schedule: Oak, Den,@Atl,@Den,Ten,Mia, Bye,@Hou
    Terrelle Pryor Cle. Upcoming schedule:NE, @Ten,@Cin,NYJ,Dal,@Bal,Pit, NYG

I'm find this to be a hard choice as Benjamin was suppose to be pretty good this year, but he's had 3 duds. He also has the tougher schedule out of the two. Pryor's had 2 weeks of above 10pts, but he's a Brown. These guys are both bench guys. My starters are a combo of Cooks, Kelvin Benjamin and Sterling Shepherd which haven't been that solid(aside from K. Benjamin and Shepherd). I figure if I can nab Dez, I can stash him on the bench for two weeks while he heals.

Other Bench players include:

L. Miller Hou
    Eagles D/ST
    J. Graham Sea

it depends

who are you trying to replace them with?

in a ten team league, both those guys should not be rostered IMO

12 or 14, then maybe

NY GIANTS ... NY METS ... UNC TAR HEELS ... CHICAGO BULLS

Quote Originally Posted by Generation Eli View Post
    1 and done, and its not even close

Packers 30
    Giants 13

Quote Originally Posted by Generation Eli View Post
    it depends

who are you trying to replace them with?

in a ten team league, both those guys should not be rostered IMO

12 or 14, then maybe
    Don't quite understand what you mean. It's a 12 team league and I'm trying to figure out of those 2 WR's which should I drop to try and grab Dez Bryant from the Waiver wire.

Drop Benjamin. Tyrell Williams and Inman have gotten most of the looks so far. I feel like Benjamin is that WR that will put up duds, with the occasional big TD.

Pryor on the other hand looks like the number one option in CLE and gets carries randomly. Plus on a team that looks to be down most of the season, they'll throw the ball a lot, and all they really have is Coleman and Pryor (Barnidge is super quiet right now).

With all that being said... I dunno if Dez is even worth it. It's more of a stash pick up, and see how he does. So up to you man.

Quote Originally Posted by Deschi View Post
    Drop Benjamin. Tyrell Williams and Inman have gotten most of the looks so far. I feel like Benjamin is that WR that will put up duds, with the occasional big TD.

Pryor on the other hand looks like the number one option in CLE and gets carries randomly. Plus on a team that looks to be down most of the season, they'll throw the ball a lot, and all they really have is Coleman and Pryor (Barnidge is super quiet right now).

With all that being said... I dunno if Dez is even worth it. It's more of a stash pick up, and see how he does. So up to you man.
    That's exactly what I'm going to do. Stash him to see if he gets healthy down the road. Right now both Pryor and Benjamin have been on my bench, so I figured Bryant is a high risk/high reward kind of thing.

How is Dez Bryant on the waiver wire in any league?
    No one likes a snitch.

Quote Originally Posted by SG88 View Post
    Many different league configurations. Could be an 8-10 teamer with minimal bench spots. I play in a 12-team, 2QB, 3 flex, 4 IDP with 3 bench spots, and it's not uncommon to see an injured star hit the wire.

Quote Originally Posted by SG88 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Many different league configurations. Could be an 8-10 teamer with minimal bench spots. I play in a 12-team, 2QB, 3 flex, 4 IDP with 3 bench spots, and it's not uncommon to see an injured star hit the wire.
    The reasoning I got, was that he wasn't doing anything and because of his injury. It's also a standard 12 team ESPN league with waiver auction.

Didn't get him though, someone put up their full $100 auction amount and got him. Would have been nice, but oh well.