+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 148 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: GMB FF League

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    If it was...I would have quit. Its competition. If you don't give a **** about it, I'd rather you not be in the league.
    I want to be in a league where everyone tries hard.
    Trust me, I'm trying hard. I just don't think it's that much to worry about. I'm sure Bill can change that **** if he wants.

If not, whatever.
    Sportswrath.com for football talk and giants talk

Well, I can agree with morehead.

Once I saw the 4 bench players, I got excited because I knew I could add more wiggle room to play around with.

Sorry Bill, but it's the truth.
    Sportswrath.com for football talk and giants talk

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Nothing ruins anything for you in the future. It's just a way to add a couple more players to your bench without having to outright cut other players on your team.

You're not giving up any waiver position to get scrubs. You don't have to put in any waiver claims at all. The waivers were only put in so that when the bench is expanded, people couldn't go out that second and pick up whoever they wanted. As soon as the waiver period passes (tomorrow), you'll be free to pick anyone up without effecting your waiver position.

I'm not changing any major rules, such as scoring. The benches were small, and the teams are generally thin. I expanded the bench by four slots to provide more flexibility and activity. If you don't need the additional players, then there's no need to add any, but there's no downside to it.
    I don't have to lose my waiver position but a lot of the good FA's will be hoarded by other players.

And you should have to give up a roster spot to pick up a free agent. Its part of the game. Deciding who to dump, and considering the risks is part of the game.
    Again...this favors poorer players. Its easy to pick up a FA if you don't have to lose another player. Where's the skill in that?
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    there are 12 players in this league. 12 managers. This bullsht rule favors the poorer managers.
    Okay, just wanted to be clear what you meant by "players."

I don't think that's necessarily true. How does expanding the bench by four slots, to pick up players that you -- yourself -- call "scrubs" favor anyone disproportionately. I'm not restricting the upper-tier teams from expanding their bench, it's a blanket decision that's equal for everyone. If you want to maintain your waiver position at #2, then that's fine -- don't put any claims in. Chances are, if you don't put any claims in, you'll be boosted to #1 on the waiver position.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    I'll go with the concensus, but I am personally against expanding the benches. Part of the skill of fantasy football is juggling the free agent process with limited bench space. Also, it softens the blow of a bad or marginal draft
    Precisely. If you suck at drafting, this rule helps you. So if you draft well, you have less of an advantage.

Whats that crap?

I don't think that's necessarily true. How does expanding the bench by four slots, to pick up players that you -- yourself -- call "scrubs" favor anyone disproportionately. I'm not restricting the upper-tier teams from expanding their bench, it's a blanket decision that's equal for everyone. If you want to maintain your waiver position at #2, then that's fine -- don't put any claims in. Chances are, if you don't put any claims in, you'll be boosted to #1 on the waiver position.
    First of all, I never called anyone scrubs.
    Secondly Alfred Morris was a "scrub" last year. So was Jason Witten (in our league), not to mention Knowshon Moreno at the end of the season.
    Finding these guys is part of the game.

But then everyone else drains the waiver pool by adding to their roster. You don't see this?

Well, unfortunately, it can't be changed back.

I still fail to see where some teams are favored, when the waiver is in effect. Everyone would be favored equally.

There are a couple of players that weren't drafted that I have my eye on. If we expand the rosters, they will probably be gone. And at no cost to anyone by having to sacrifice a roster spot.

Well, unfortunately, it can't be changed back.

I still fail to see where some teams are favored, when the waiver is in effect. Everyone would be favored equally.

Its a crutch for bad players. 19 players? That's nuts.

+ Reply to Thread