+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 218 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: GMB FF League

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    First of all, I never called anyone scrubs.
    Secondly Alfred Morris was a "scrub" last year. So was Jason Witten (in our league), not to mention Knowshon Moreno at the end of the season.
    Finding these guys is part of the game.
    Yes you did:
    I don't get this 4 more players nonsense. I'm supposed give give up my primo waiver position to get scrubs. BUT not be able to pick up players because they are all picked clean?

I don't think it's a bad idea, overall, but there are some legitimate concerns. Honors system will be in place.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Yes you did:
    Fair point. Didn't know I said it. But I was talking about 48 more players in total. Not a few gems that I think are worth it.

I gotta tell you something.....arbitrarily changing the rules after the draft is a crock of ****. This changes the dynamics of the league. Takes away the benefit of good sense and gamesmanship.
    Its like FF for dummies. I hate it.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Its a crutch for bad players. 19 players? That's nuts.
    It's not a crutch for anyone. No one.

You're right that it depletes the waiver pool. That I'll give you. But it helps no one disproportionately. Everyone has a stab at the same players. If these "bad managers" pick the right players (like you boast about from last year), then maybe they're not as bad as you think.

But it appears the benches can't go back to the old size. I didn't think, at all, that there'd be any backlash to the decision, so I'm fine with the honors system. All transactions are posted on the front page, so if there's no add/drop, then you can't add the player.

But again, it's not a crutch.

You're right that it depletes the waiver pool. That I'll give you. But it helps no one disproportionately. Everyone has a stab at the same players. If these "bad managers" pick the right players (like you boast about from last year), then maybe they're not as bad as you think.

But it appears the benches can't go back to the old size. I didn't think, at all, that there'd be any backlash to the decision, so I'm fine with the honors system. All transactions are posted on the front page, so if there's no add/drop, then you can't add the player.

So we are not adding the 4 players?

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    So we are not adding the 4 players?
    I guess not. I didn't foresee it to be such a problem, or even worthy of much explanation. I thought it'd be welcomed, if anything.

But, our league champ has some big concerns, and he's deserved a say.

Glad I already added someone this morning, lulz.

I guess delete it?

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Glad I already added someone this morning, lulz.

I guess delete it?
    Yeah, just cancel your claims.

Or add/drop.

You heard one poster happy about it because he thinks he had a bad draft. I'm afraid you will not find many experienced FF players who agree with you.

And I'm honestly not bragging. I'm just telling you how good players get an a advantage with smaller rosters. Last year in our other league Byron took advantage of picking up Alfred Morris early on. Good players look at a bye week for one of their QB's and pick up a guy with a good matchup for that week. Its much less likely when so many players are on rosters. Same is true with defenses. You have a team playing Jax one week, you can pick them up. Its just the nuance of playing fantasy football.

I've said my peace. I won't bring it up again. Lets just make the best of it.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Okay, I cancelled my waivers and I have now dropped a player and am adding one.

I'd like to say, I really hope we are keeping the honors system here.

It's going to be tough....but anyone you catch cheating, you should never invite to the league again.