+ Reply to Thread

Giants' David Carr On Ryan Nassib: "I'm Here To Help Him"

http://www.giants101.com/2013/06/12/...e-to-help-him/

Excerpt: "The subject of the next quarterback after Eli Manning for the New York Giants hasn't been a topic that has been needed to be brought up, especially with the two-time Super Bowl MVP still playing in his prime. Yet, back in April, General Manager Jerry Reese traded up in the fourth round of the 2013 NFLDraft to select Syracuse quarterback Ryan Nassib; a pick that shocked a lot of people, but has been called one of the best moves of the entire draft.

Before the draft, Nassib was considered to be a first-round pick, but somehow fell three rounds further than expected and right into the Giants laps. And while Nassib won't be taking snaps with the Giants first team for a very long time, he could very well challenge veteran backup David Carr, who has been with the team in two stints since 2008.Tom Rock of Newsday talked to Carr during the team's mandatory mini-camp this week and discussed the possibility of the rookie taking his job and pushing him out of New York all together.

"It doesn't affect me at all," Carr said at Giants minicamp on Wednesday. "That's going to be a decision they have to make. That's what Coach [Tom] Coughlin said to me in the spring after they drafted him. He was like: 'Let us make the decisions. Just go out there and use your experience and be the player we know you are and let us worry about all of that.' That's my mindset anyway, that's what I was going to do anyway. I can't control what they decide to do at the end. I'm just going to play my best football and see what happens." Read more...

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    http://www.giants101.com/2013/06/12/...e-to-help-him/

Excerpt: "The subject of the next quarterback after Eli Manning for the New York Giants hasn't been a topic that has been needed to be brought up, especially with the two-time Super Bowl MVP still playing in his prime. Yet, back in April, General Manager Jerry Reese traded up in the fourth round of the 2013 NFLDraft to select Syracuse quarterback Ryan Nassib; a pick that shocked a lot of people, but has been called one of the best moves of the entire draft.

Before the draft, Nassib was considered to be a first-round pick, but somehow fell three rounds further than expected and right into the Giants laps. And while Nassib won't be taking snaps with the Giants first team for a very long time, he could very well challenge veteran backup David Carr, who has been with the team in two stints since 2008.Tom Rock of Newsday talked to Carr during the team's mandatory mini-camp this week and discussed the possibility of the rookie taking his job and pushing him out of New York all together.

"It doesn't affect me at all," Carr said at Giants minicamp on Wednesday. "That's going to be a decision they have to make. That's what Coach [Tom] Coughlin said to me in the spring after they drafted him. He was like: 'Let us make the decisions. Just go out there and use your experience and be the player we know you are and let us worry about all of that.' That's my mindset anyway, that's what I was going to do anyway. I can't control what they decide to do at the end. I'm just going to play my best football and see what happens." Read more...

In other words, l8r Carr (hopefully) (well, he's ok) (ug) (Serviceable) (nah)

It's definitely the politically correct answer to give. Carr may not be the best QB around, but he isn't stupid. Can't really rip on him for giving the right interview answer...

Though part of me secretly wants Carr to somehow be able to come out and play vs the 49ers... and stick it to that ***** kapernick...
    Last edited by Toadofsteel; 06-13-2013 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Though part of me secretly wants Carr to somehow be able to come out and play vs the 49ers... and stick it to that ***** kapernick...
    Explain this to me, I'm a bit slow on the uptake.
    Do not feed the trolls.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Explain this to me, I'm a bit slow on the uptake.
    Carr left the Giants for one year to play for the 49rs. He pretty much said that by day 2 of 49rs training camp that he had made a huge mistake. Following year he came back to the Giants.

Quote Originally Posted by thomsoad View Post
    Carr left the Giants for one year to play for the 49rs. He pretty much said that by day 2 of 49rs training camp that he had made a huge mistake. Following year he came back to the Giants.
    How is that Kaepernicks fault? It's the team itself, not the individual lol

Besides, Eli and team showed them last year who deserved to win (again)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue wins View Post
    How is that Kaepernicks fault? It's the team itself, not the individual lol

Besides, Eli and team showed them last year who deserved to win (again)
    I was referring to the "part of me secretly wants Carr to somehow be able to come out and play vs the 49ers" comment". I have no idea how Kaepernick fit into it.

Kind of wonder what kind of quarterback Carr would've been if he didn't take the beating he took in Houston those few years he was there. His first year there he was the victim of 76 sacks....his third year 49, his fourth year 68 and his fifth year 41. I'm surprised he is still walking. He has taken 50 more sacks than Eli and hasn't actually been a starter in quite a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by thomsoad View Post
    I was referring to the "part of me secretly wants Carr to somehow be able to come out and play vs the 49ers" comment". I have no idea how Kaepernick fit into it.
    Because if they didn't draft krapernick, carr would probably be starting for the niners right now... For whatever problems he has, hes still better than alex smith.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    Kind of wonder what kind of quarterback Carr would've been if he didn't take the beating he took in Houston those few years he was there. His first year there he was the victim of 76 sacks....his third year 49, his fourth year 68 and his fifth year 41. I'm surprised he is still walking. He has taken 50 more sacks than Eli and hasn't actually been a starter in quite a few years.
    I use to believe that. But truth is Carr has had more then enough time to sit on the bench and get over that. I think enough time and evidence has shown that he was always not much better then a career backup.