+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stevie Brown

Stevie Brown

What is everyone's impression of this safety after last season? Was 2012 a one year wonder for him? He came out of nowhere last year with 8 interceptions and a couple of fumble recoveries. He seemed to be in the right place at the right time last year and came away with numerous timely interceptions. He was very good at playing deep safety and jumping a couple of routes and made plays that we have rarely seen from safeties on the Giants in recent memory. He is playing on a RFA tender this year and will likely command a ton of money next year if he has a year even remotely close to 2012. Was last year a lucky year for him or do we have a ballhawking keeper at safety?

Here are his highlights from last year. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcaBbTpTL_k

What do you think?

well at first, I was kind of unsure if he was lucky or skilled. the carolina INT was real nice play recognition. And, as it turns out, a majority of his ints were on plays he actually recognized the wr route and positioned himself perfectly.

There are things about his game he could improve on, mainly all the broken coverages that he was seemingly involved in. But he also has a lot of promise too. He seems to be a physical, willing player and really, thats step 1. A lot of defensive players dont even give their team that.

I think he will play better in some aspects than KP, while in other aspects, he will not be as adept as KP. Really, my worry isnt so much with Brown as it is with Rolle. Imho, KP helped Rolle out a lot and hid a lot of the mistakes ROlle would make. It'll be interesting to see how Rolle and Brown pair up.

whatever he had he used it to his advantage last season. he played well when KP was out and was a ball hawk all season long.

I suspect he will continue his stellar play this season. I think this is the defensive scheme hes always wanted.

Unfortunately, I agree with you 100% about the Rolle thing. But anyway it turns out Stevie Brown is a good player and I'm happy to have him in Blue! He's shown himself to be a physical player who will not spare the rod... and if he does, next man up!!! Should be an interesting year with all the other safeties on Big Blue!

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    well at first, I was kind of unsure if he was lucky or skilled. the carolina INT was real nice play recognition. And, as it turns out, a majority of his ints were on plays he actually recognized the wr route and positioned himself perfectly.

There are things about his game he could improve on, mainly all the broken coverages that he was seemingly involved in. But he also has a lot of promise too. He seems to be a physical, willing player and really, thats step 1. A lot of defensive players dont even give their team that.

I think he will play better in some aspects than KP, while in other aspects, he will not be as adept as KP. Really, my worry isnt so much with Brown as it is with Rolle. Imho, KP helped Rolle out a lot and hid a lot of the mistakes ROlle would make. It'll be interesting to see how Rolle and Brown pair up.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post

Interesting response. I agree with you completely. I'm also terrified of leaving Rolle out there by himself... He is mediocre at best.

I'd rather just have a discussion about Eli. We never talk about him enough.