+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shawne Merriman Hospitalized Reportedly Overdosed At LA Club

Shawne Merriman Hospitalized Reportedly Overdosed At LA Club

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

He ocedrdoesd? Oh my god

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    He ocedrdoesd? Oh my god
    well... everybody knows he loves his needles
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

Early in his career, Cowboys fans hotly debated Merriman vs Ware-- seeing how we passed on taking Merriman in the '05 draft and took Ware instead (Merriman going the very next pick to SD).

I'd like to say our fans were split down the middle, but it was probably more like 70%-30% in favor of Merriman, especially after his very strong 2006 season(although he had been busted for roids and served a 4 game suspension, he had 17 sacks in 12 games.)

Of course, the comparisons diminished the next year when Ware was the better player, and soon the comparisons completely died after Merriman's injury issues and Ware's 2008 season.

Luckily for us, we got the player Ware turned out to be. Still I definitely did not wish such a tragic fall for Merriman.

And, my, has he fallen.

Lights out!

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    Early in his career, Cowboys fans hotly debated Merriman vs Ware-- seeing how we passed on taking Merriman in the '05 draft and took Ware instead (Merriman going the very next pick to SD).

I'd like to say our fans were split down the middle, but it was probably more like 70%-30% in favor of Merriman, especially after his very strong 2006 season(although he had been busted for roids and served a 4 game suspension, he had 17 sacks in 12 games.)

Of course, the comparisons diminished the next year when Ware was the better player, and soon the comparisons completely died after Merriman's injury issues and Ware's 2008 season.

Luckily for us, we got the player Ware turned out to be. Still I definitely did not wish such a tragic fall for Merriman.

And, my, has he fallen.
    your being nice by saying injury issues... more like juice issues

but we had a similar thing. Chargers drafted Merriman with a pick they got from us for the Eli-Rivers deal.

A lot of Giants fans for a while said we should of kept the pick and we could of gotten Merriman and Rivers early in their careers.

Even the most fail to accept the fact that we would o fnever drafted Merriman even we had the pick
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

+ Reply to Thread