+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Eli Manning Has Played In 11 Playoff Games, 9 Good Games & 2 Bad Games

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Every team has mediocre fans. But the main stream Sox fan is completely dedicated to our team. I'm sure Yankee fans are the same way. But NY has so many teams. In Boston.....its the Red Sox first, second and third....then comes the Bruins....then the Pats....then the Celtics.
    Would you rather the Red Sox or Celtics win a championship. My preference is the Celtics. One year was the trifecta Giants, Celtics and Red Sox.

I at least assumed he was a dedicated Giants fan like the rest of us. I've been arguing with a guy about Eli with all kinds of emotion and vitriol, from both sides for a year or so, and I come to find out that he thinks of Giants games as "measly games".What a friggin waste of my time. I feel violated.
    You're very sensitive.

Quote Originally Posted by speedman View Post
    Would you rather the Red Sox or Celtics win a championship. My preference is the Celtics. One year was the trifecta Giants, Celtics and Red Sox.
    Maybe you don't remember but I had "The Morehead Trifecta" under my avatar that year.

And the Sox are far more important than the Celtics. And I have always hated the Bruins. I grew up a Rangers fan and then became a Whalers groupie.
    Since we were betrayed by Whalers ownership, I have had a tough time watching hockey.
    Get well soon 80.

Maybe you don't remember but I had "The Morehead Trifecta" under my avatar that year.And the Sox are far more important than the Celtics. And I have always hated the Bruins. I grew up a Rangers fan and then became a Whalers groupie.Since we were betrayed by Whalers ownership, I have had a tough time watching hockey.
    I wasn't reading these boards at the time of the Trifecta. I'm not big on baseball or basketball.if I were to watch any game it would be the Celtics.I don't follow hockey, but I hate the Rangers because my secretary's husband loves them and if you knew him you would hate them too.

I at least assumed he was a dedicated Giants fan like the rest of us. I've been arguing with a guy about Eli with all kinds of emotion and vitriol, from both sides for a year or so, and I come to find out that he thinks of Giants games as "measly games".

What a friggin waste of my time. I feel violated.
    Relatively speaking they are exactly that. If you have your priorities in order, like speedman, then you will understand there are far more important things in life than a football game. But it's all relative. I enjoy watching football every Sunday with my family. I like debating it with people. But I know it's significance in my daily life too.
    Eli Manning is better than your quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    Relatively speaking they are exactly that. If you have your priorities in order, like speedman, then you will understand there are far more important things in life than a football game. But it's all relative. I enjoy watching football every Sunday with my family. I like debating it with people. But I know it's significance in my daily life too.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    Some day you guys will get it. No Giant fan has an issue with Eli. After 2 SB's how can anyone not love Eli?

The issue with the few of you is over your inability to control your adulation over him. We all know how good Eli is, and we don't need anyone to continuously remind us of that. All we need is our eyes.

Look at it this way - if we all know how great Eli is, why would we we need to remind ourselves of his greatness ad nauseum? It reeks of insecurity, or it's a sign of an unhealthy obsession with a good guy who happens to be a damn good quarterback.

We all are partial to certain players. Bottom line is I like Eli and simply don't give a rats *** if anyone else does.

Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    Sounds good to me, so we shouldn't expect any name calling from you directed at other Giants fans who like Eli as well correct?
    Of course, as long they are not obsessed with him and are genuinely good people.

The vast majority of the board talks positively about Eli and do not have any issues.

Only those that are embarrassingly fulsome in their posts about Eli have a difficult time - and rightfully so. But never forget, it's not about the player. It's the the behavior of the "groupies".

Of course, as long they are not obsessed with him and are genuinely good people. The vast majority of the board talks positively about Eli and do not have any issues.Only those that are embarrassingly fulsome in their posts about Eli have a difficult time - and rightfully so. But never forget, it's not about the player. It's the the behavior of the "groupies".
    You can't resist the groupies thing can you?

OOnly those that are embarrassingly fulsome in their posts about Eli have a difficult time - and rightfully so. But never forget, it's not about the player. It's the the behavior of the "groupies".
    Whoever they may be, why not ignore them? I don't see anyone attacking you over your questionable loyalty to the Giants.
    Eli Manning is better than your quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by speedman View Post
    You can't resist the groupies thing can you?
    lol. ;-)

+ Reply to Thread