+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 169

Thread: Eli Manning Has Played In 11 Playoff Games, 9 Good Games & 2 Bad Games

  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    I have to admit, that I don't pay attention to other games like I used to either. And I used to be depressed off a Giants loss until the next day. But now it doesn't affect me like that. I thank players like Michael Strahan and Ralph Brown for changing my perspective. I'll always remember those two guys smiling large after devastating losses. If it's no big deal for some players, it's certainly not that big a deal for me.
    I like that attitude. Life's too short to waste time being depressed over a Giant's loss. You're correct some fans take the losses harder than the players.

  2. #122
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    42,260
    This notion that its a matter of "perspective" is nonsense. My life priorities are just fine. But I take it hard when we lose and I get pissed off if we lose because we do something dumb on the field.
    Am I depressed after we lose? Of course not. Am I disappointed? Absolutely.
    Do I stress over every play? Yes I do. Do I think the Giants are as important as my wife and my kids? No one does.

    I love some of you guys. You argue your asses off, call me a hater about Eli and then you lay this "Its just a game" crap on me.
    What a bunch of hypocrites.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  3. #123

  4. #124
    All-Pro Eliscruzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warwick NY
    Posts
    6,510
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    When the giants lose, I can't watch anything football for half a week because I'm so pissed. That being said, I'm not going to come home and beat my kids because of it. lol.
    +1 I won't watch anything that is showing football highlights. If I do watch as soon as the Giants game comes up, I turn it off.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    This notion that its a matter of "perspective" is nonsense. My life priorities are just fine. But I take it hard when we lose and I get pissed off if we lose because we do something dumb on the field.Am I depressed after we lose? Of course not. Am I disappointed? Absolutely.Do I stress over every play? Yes I do. Do I think the Giants are as important as my wife and my kids? No one does.I love some of you guys. You argue your asses off, call me a hater about Eli and then you lay this "Its just a game" crap on me.What a bunch of hypocrites.
    It is just a game. It's not hypocritical. I didn't say anything about your views of life or your priorities. I just gave my take on it for ME. When I call you out when I disagree with you it doesn't mean I'm a hypocrite. You should be less sensitive.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by speedman View Post
    Strictly entertainment. Relief from life's stress.
    watch it. that might not meet somebodies requirements for being a giants fan.

    i personally disagree with ur premise about not having an affect on ur life (the giants)...for me, im a bit insane with my fandom, i can admit that. when we lose, it lingers and bothers me. but to each his own

  7. #127
    Hall of Famer MattMeyerBud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    60,564
    Quote Originally Posted by The Notorious B.I.G BLUE View Post
    He played like crap against the Panthers...but the Philly game if IM not mistaken he tied or took the lead in the 4th quarter and the D **** the bed and gave up the lead.
    he put us in a position to win, but didn't have that great of a game vs philly
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

  8. #128
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    No mans land
    Posts
    24,264
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    Well that's because a certain aspect amuses you.



    Using this picture, anyone want to name some of the posters here? lol.
    I am Martini....Danny DeVito...
    Nickle....Nickle....Its a dime Martini. This is a dime...this is ****....
    Nickle....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  9. #129
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    No mans land
    Posts
    24,264
    Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    Good to know people still have their priorities in order.

    I can't imagine having to spend so much money on TVs because I throw objects at them while watching a measly game. Sounds very petty to me.
    really??...then why do you treat Eli like the second coming of JC....??
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  10. #130
    Hall of Famer MattMeyerBud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    60,564
    I get pissed, def don't watch highlights, but I watch every other game I can because I realize how fast the season goes.

    And on days like today, so far away from football, helps me appreciate it.

    God what i'd do to watch a Jags - Raiders week 11 game right now
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts