+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Eli Manning Has Played In 11 Playoff Games, 9 Good Games & 2 Bad Games

Quote Originally Posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    he put us in a position to win, but didn't have that great of a game vs philly
    He had a poor first half, but started coming on in the 3Q and lit it up in the 4Q.

Quote Originally Posted by speedman View Post
    It is just a game. It's not hypocritical. I didn't say anything about your views of life or your priorities. I just gave my take on it for ME. When I call you out when I disagree with you it doesn't mean I'm a hypocrite. You should be less sensitive.
    I admit my language is strong....maybe excessively so. But when I argue (or agree) on aspects of our team with other posters, and it gets as heated as it does, its very disappointing to hear them then say...."its just a game."

Yes its just a game. But we are immersed in it. We are invested with all our emotion in the success of our team. The whole.."its no big deal" attitude is very strange given the "apparent" emotion displayed in some of these discussions regarding our team.

I mean... I give a **** about this. I'm surprised that some of the guys I've been back and forth with...don't as it turns out.
    Last edited by Morehead State; 06-11-2013 at 12:28 PM.
    Get well soon 80.

I definitely get upset if the Giants lose but I don't let it effect anything else in my life or smash the tv up (at least I try not too).. I won't watch highlights or sports discussion shows for a few days after. If they win i'm usually much happier for the week. I get quite tense watching the games so after a good win (like SF last season) i'll watch the game again.

I'll normally watch Monday, Thursday and two games on Sunday. Can't get enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I admit my language is strong....maybe excessively so. But when I argue (or agree) on aspects of our team with other posters, and it gets as heated as it does, its very disappointing to hear them then say...."its just a game."

Yes its just a game. But we are immersed in it. We are invested with all our emotion in the success of our team. The whole.."its no big deal" attitude is very strange given the "apparent" emotion displayed in some of these discussions regarding our team.

I mean... I give a **** about this. I'm surprised that some of the guys I've been back and forth with...don't as it turns out.
    pretty much sums up my feelings as well....I am immersed in my fandom and I do and have taken it very personally....is it more important than my kids? nope but its funny I have 4 boys and 3 of them love the Giants....I haven't had to put the giants ahead of them ...they are right there with me
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

This is interesting. People fight so passionately for Eli, but if Giants football is just a game to them, why would they care so much? At least with 420, you KNOW he's into the Giants. He's goes a little ape poop with his passion he loves them so much. But, for the rest, it doesn't make sense.

People passionately defend Eli and on a message board no less. But, they take the Giants casually. Thus, they put Eli above the Team. Valid reasoning right there.

Things that make you go hmmmm. Uh, oh. NOW i did it.

Edit: And by just a "game", I mean they don't care very much if we win or lose.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    People passionately defend Eli and on a message board no less. But, they take the Giants casually. Thus, they put Eli above the Team. Valid reasoning right there.

On this historic day of June 11th, 2013, the Eli Realists have found what they believe is a serious weakness in the Cultist Camp. Let it be known that this was the turning point in this very super serious war and under the leadership of General Gumby, the Realists have turned the tide of the war in their favor

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    This is interesting. People fight so passionately for Eli, but if Giants football is just a game to them, why would they care so much? At least with 420, you KNOW he's into the Giants. He's goes a little ape poop with his passion he loves them so much. But, for the rest, it doesn't make sense.

I just assumed if you spend your time on a forum you must be really into it. By that I mean vested more than casually. But to each his own.
    Giant fans we all are....maybe in varying degress but thats ok too....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    On this historic day of June 11th, 2013, the Eli Realists have found what they believe is a serious weakness in the Cultist Camp. Let it be known that this was the turning point in this very super serious war and under the leadership of General Gumby, the Realists have turned the tide of the war in their favor
    I think I deserve a medal of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    thats ok we all know Eli Realist are not real fans anyway...lol
    Last edited by GameTime; 06-11-2013 at 12:51 PM.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

It's an interesting concept.

I'm actually not sure that it doesn't just come down to coping skills (and age).

For me, I now move on pretty quickly from both wins and losses. I'm a die hard Giants fan, but I have a other things I pursue when I am not watching the Giants, and I rarely watch non-Giants games. I just move on to the next thing. Can't help but think about the game, but you shift focus. It comes it goes, but you move on.

Bad losses linger longer; great wins do too.
    This space for rent

+ Reply to Thread