+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Eli Manning Has Played In 11 Playoff Games, 9 Good Games & 2 Bad Games

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    I just assumed if you spend your time on a forum you must be really into it. By that I mean vested more than casually. But to each his own.
    Giant fans we all are....maybe in varying degress but thats ok too....
    People have their own quirks. I'm half kidding, but you gotta admit, the whole line reasoning is a little weird.

I just assumed if you spend your time on a forum you must be really into it. By that I mean vested more than casually. But to each his own.
    Giant fans we all are....maybe in varying degress but thats ok too....
    Odd as this may sound, I think that I first joined because of a shared connection, and it was just as you said - not a casual fan looking to chat to another casual fan
    This space for rent

Quote Originally Posted by Delicreep View Post
    It's an interesting concept.

I'm actually not sure that it doesn't just come down to coping skills (and age).

For me, I now move on pretty quickly from both wins and losses. I'm a die hard Giants fan, but I have a other things I pursue when I am not watching the Giants, and I rarely watch non-Giants games. I just move on to the next thing. Can't help but think about the game, but you shift focus. It comes it goes, but you move on.

Bad losses linger longer; great wins do too.
    I def recover in a quicker manner as well. The thing I dislike the most after a loss is watching the highlights....or lack there of. Especially if they play like ****. I actually watch most of the games I can see in my area but I wont disrupt my day for other games but I will set aside time for the Giants. Unless its a family function or work.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

thats ok we all know Eli Realist are not real fans anyway...lol
    Sir, be careful with those words. It sounds like you are forfeiting your neutrality!

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    People have their own quirks. I'm half kidding, but you gotta admit, the whole line reasoning is a little weird.
    what whole line of reasoning are you talking about???
    the casual fan being on a forum? or something else
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    This notion that its a matter of "perspective" is nonsense. My life priorities are just fine. But I take it hard when we lose and I get pissed off if we lose because we do something dumb on the field.
    Am I depressed after we lose? Of course not. Am I disappointed? Absolutely.
    Do I stress over every play? Yes I do. Do I think the Giants are as important as my wife and my kids? No one does.

I love some of you guys. You argue your asses off, call me a hater about Eli and then you lay this "Its just a game" crap on me.
    What a bunch of hypocrites.
    Amen!!!

Giants fan since the early 80s

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Sir, be careful with those words. It sounds like you are forfeiting your neutrality!
    nah....just busting balls...
    the Eli Cultist are out of their minds...

there....neutrality re-established....

what whole line of reasoning are you talking about???
    the casual fan being on a forum? or something else
    Fan X says that they are real Giants fans and that they don't put the player Y above the team. However, they 1) Take the time and effort (a lot of it) to vehemently defend a player Y, then turnaround and say 2) That they take Giants "casually" and really it doesn't affect them one way or another if we win or lose.

That doesn't strike you as odd?

Edit: The point being, the player is just a small piece of the Giants. So if they take the Giants casually, they can't possibly be any more than casual about said player. But judging by the time and effort they put into defending him, they are more than just casual - about the player. So, either they're trolling? Or they put the player above the team.

I won't sit here and lie and say I don't get emotional over Giants games. One reason being I'm a female ( we tend to be emotional creatures...just a little bit...). But I'll get over it in a day and look forward to the next game

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    Fan X says that they are real Giants fans and that they don't put the player Y above the team. However, they 1) Take the time and effort (a lot of it) to vehemently defend a player Y, then turnaround and say 2) That they take Giants "casually" and really it doesn't affect them one way or another if we win or lose.

That doesn't strike you as odd?

Edit: The point being, the player is just a small piece of the Giants. So if they take the Giants casually, they can't possibly be any more than casual about said player. But judging by the time and effort they put into defending him, they are more than just casual - about the player. So, either they're trolling? Or they put the player above the team.
    All I can say is I have a lack of words ...I am glad you and MH are spewing pretty much what I am thinking....btw I do not have a problem with casual fans and even new fans....this is the place to come learn and have fun.....But don't be a casual fan and come be so adamant about your position ,.....when you really do not even care about the position you defend
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

+ Reply to Thread