+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    Fan X says that they are real Giants fans and that they don't put the player Y above the team. However, they 1) Take the time and effort (a lot of it) to vehemently defend a player Y, then turnaround and say 2) That they take Giants "casually" and really it doesn't affect them one way or another if we win or lose.

That doesn't strike you as odd?

Edit: The point being, the player is just a small piece of the Giants. So if they take the Giants casually, they can't possibly be any more than casual about said player. But judging by the time and effort they put into defending him, they are more than just casual - about the player. So, either they're trolling? Or they put the player above the team.
    in that regard yeah...its odd to be so addiment and then want to be known as only a casual fan.
    What that means is the Fan Y really only wants to be right and doesnt really care what the subject is. Being right means the most to them .
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    Fan X says that they are real Giants fans and that they don't put the player Y above the team. However, they 1) Take the time and effort (a lot of it) to vehemently defend a player Y, then turnaround and say 2) That they take Giants "casually" and really it doesn't affect them one way or another if we win or lose.

That doesn't strike you as odd?

Edit: The point being, the player is just a small piece of the Giants. So if they take the Giants casually, they can't possibly be any more than casual about said player. But judging by the time and effort they put into defending him, they are more than just casual - about the player. So, either they're trolling? Or they put the player above the team.
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    in that regard yeah...its odd to be so addiment and then want to be known as only a casual fan.
    What that means is the Fan Y really only wants to be right and doesnt really care what the subject is. Being right means the most to them .
    I smell poop. And it's coming from "them".

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    He had a poor first half, but started coming on in the 3Q and lit it up in the 4Q.
    Wish the Giants somehow were able to win in 08 when they went 12-4.

0 TD and 2 INT was bad, very bad. Unfortunately there was no help all around. He needs to play good every game just to give the Giants a chance to win. Can't get away with 0 TD and 2 picks like Rodgers vs. Chicago.
    Eli Manning is better than your quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I admit my language is strong....maybe excessively so. But when I argue (or agree) on aspects of our team with other posters, and it gets as heated as it does, its very disappointing to hear them then say...."its just a game."

Yes its just a game. But we are immersed in it. We are invested with all our emotion in the success of our team. The whole.."its no big deal" attitude is very strange given the "apparent" emotion displayed in some of these discussions regarding our team.

I mean... I give a **** about this. I'm surprised that some of the guys I've been back and forth with...don't as it turns out.
    It all depends on peoples personalities. I have heated arguments with people about sports and politics etc., but once its over I forget about it. At work sometimes I yell and scream, but when i'm done I forget about it and never hold a grudge. I treat football games the same. I'm not saying that should be everybody's way, but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    Wish the Giants somehow were able to win in 08 when they went 12-4.

0 TD and 2 INT was bad, very bad. Unfortunately there was no help all around. He needs to play good every game just to give the Giants a chance to win. Can't get away with 0 TD and 2 picks like Rodgers vs. Chicago.
    He missed a wide open SS for a TD in the first quarter. Then made a horrible pass and decision to throw the pick that Samuel returned to the 1 yard line.
    The team was bad that day, especially the 3rd down defense which was horrific. But so was our boy.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by speedman View Post
    It all depends on peoples personalities. I have heated arguments with people about sports and politics etc., but once its over I forget about it. At work sometimes I yell and scream, but when i'm done I forget about it and never hold a grudge. I treat football games the same. I'm not saying that should be everybody's way, but that's just me.
    I'm fine with all of that. Everyone lives their lives as they choose. But all the crap you throw my way would suggests a different attitude then you are describing here. I don't mind the nonsense, but I guess I mind it less if you were as invested in the team as I am.
    That's not a knock on your fandom either. But if you have the "its just a game" attitude, why all the vitriol here?

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    He missed a wide open SS for a TD in the first quarter. Then made a horrible pass and decision to throw the pick that Samuel returned to the 1 yard line.
    The team was bad that day, especially the 3rd down defense which was horrific. But so was our boy.
    Ok but what's your point?
    Eli Manning is better than your quarterback.

I'm still pissed about Flipper F-in Anderson.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    Ok but what's your point?
    I'm taking that to mean..."I agree with you, Morehead".

Quote Originally Posted by ny06 View Post
    I'm still pissed about Flipper F-in Anderson.
    We all are.
    I'm still pissed about week 14, 1970 at LA. We had the division in our hands.