+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Eli Manning Has Played In 11 Playoff Games, 9 Good Games & 2 Bad Games

Quote Originally Posted by speedman View Post
    I've been a Giants fan since the late 50's, but it's still a game. Whether they win or lose it doesn't affect my life.
    it sounds like you have paid attention to the giants since the late 50s....but you sound like my father...a fan but if he misses a game its not the end of the world......I would not /could not miss a game
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    you're dead to me
    Don't worry...the Sox are doing it with smoke and mirrors right now. Last night was an all time heart stopper. Don't know how long they can keep this up with a bunch of starters hitting near .200.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    been there done that ...but when I was younger...my ex actually got me a stuffed giant doll ...it used to sit next to me and I threw that at the tv....caused less damage...lol
    I have two fist size dents in the plaster in my den and one fist sized hole in the wall near the basement stairs. Oh yeah....a crank in a wall at my buddies house too.....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Don't worry...the Sox are doing it with smoke and mirrors right now. Last night was an all time heart stopper. Don't know how long they can keep this up with a bunch of starters hitting near .200.
    you know....I am a Yanks fan but I am not emotionally invested nearly as much as football. Which is funny because baseball was the only sport I played till I was llike 25 and as I approach 50 I still play competitve Sunday morning softball. Never play organized football in my life. But football is the sport I cant get enough of....
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

I've been a Giants fan since the late 50's, but it's still a game. Whether they win or lose it doesn't affect my life.
    more power to you......

trust me I know what you mean...the Yankees kept pace with a triple A team for most of the season....should be interesting the rest of the way.....btw inferring that your loyalty to the sox is greater than us yankee fans is ....well laughable....trust me there are as many wannabe redsox fans running around this area as there are pats fans......I respect true fans no matter who they root for....but buying a hat because a team wins does not put you into true fan levels
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    please...no one will ever get the Sawx unis confused with the Giants.

not even close......

They are 16, precious, 3 hour moments in my life every year.The investment we put into those games is tremendous. I just don't understand this attitude."Why...It's a game"...........just pisses me off on its face.
    Here's my attitude. I get more enjoyment out of life from my wife, children and grandchildren. It's fin to talk about the Giants and watch their games, but it's still a game. It doesn't have an affect on my life if they win or lose. I don't see why you can't understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    trust me I know what you mean...the Yankees kept pace with a triple A team for most of the season....should be interesting the rest of the way.....btw inferring that your loyalty to the sox is greater than us yankee fans is ....well laughable....trust me there are as many wannabe redsox fans running around this area as there are pats fans......I respect true fans no matter who they root for....but buying a hat because a team wins does not put you into true fan levels
    You have no idea what you're talking about.
    The Sox are a religion in Boston. There may be stragglers and band wagon jumpers around the country, but in the New England area, its as much a family member as it is a baseball team.

Here's my attitude. I get more enjoyment out of life from my wife, children and grandchildren. It's fin to talk about the Giants and watch their games, but it's still a game. It doesn't have an affect on my life if they win or lose. I don't see why you can't understand that.
    I get all that. You said it was like leaving a bad movie early. That's a detachment I don't get. There has to be more of an emotional attachment than that?

No one is suggesting that our families come second to our team. But I don't get it when a guy posts on a team MB all year, but then says its just entertainment. Its not just entertainment. Its something we are invested in.

+ Reply to Thread