+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    wow that would be huge. and i disagree gmen about its relation to hyno. iirc, leach is 33ish> hes up there. i actually would bet hyno would be the better fb this yr. not yrs past but i feel the pendulum has shifted towards hyno. i think u understand my premise so i wont go into detail about that.

but, i feel we could attain leach for a year, or 2. and then that be it for hynos return and this way we wouldnt have to rush him. the 2nd yr on leachs contract would be a token yr and structured so we could cut bait.
    if the ravens are getting rid of hin and its not a cap thing, which im startin to think is the reason so we'd prob be outta the market anyways, id bet leech would just want a job and money wouldnt be that much of an issue esp off a sb yr

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    That's very debatable. Leach is a great blocker. And the way he clothes-lined LB's last year, he was like an extra OLineman out there.

I really like Hynoski too. He's a solid blocker also. Both are good.
    at this point, provided hyno returns to his health and level of play, hyno would be the better fb imo. not last season. but the pendulum swings fast. leech is getting up there in age and at best hes at the end of his prime. hynos just entering it. and hyno is also a master at the FB spot lets not bs. I'd say pre this yr, Leach>hyno...this yr and on id bet hyno>leach

oh i forgot hyno isnt supposed to miss much time...nah dont need him really except an insurance plan. i would not swap hyno for leach at this point. back when both were available, yeah. not now.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Also, we don't have the money to sign Leach. I
    I don't think he'd cost that much towards the cap. No one is gonna give him the 4.5 million dollars he's on the hook for with the Ravens.

I'd say 1.5 mil cap hit at the absolute most. Granted, for us, it's still a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Hynoski > Leach
    And I'm sure personnel directors will assume his value correct, relative to his peers.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Same could be said of Sash.
    And Ramses Barden.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

Not really sure what the status with Hynoski's injury is, but I know that week one is just "not an unrealistic goal." Maybe I'm pessimistic, but I'm not expecting him out there week one.

If Leach gets cut, between his age and FB devaluation, I doubt he commands that much money. I've said 1.5 at the most, but that could be a lot closer to 1.

Insurance policy if Leach's market goes dry wouldn't be the worst signing. We have sniffed around other FBs.

Greg Jones, the FB the Texans signed, has graded out as a top-3 FB the past three years by PFF, and he got a relatively modest deal. 160K guaranteed, with an 840K base salary.

He's also a year younger than Leach. Should shine a light on Leach's potential worth.

how old is leech?

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    how old is leech?
    Wait, never mind, Greg Jones is a couple months older than Leach. Leach is 31, turning 32 soon.