+ Reply to Thread

Markus Kuhn Talks Rehab, Challenges

http://insidefootball.com/blog/archives/6239

Excerpt: "Giants second year defensive tackle Markus Kuhn has dealt with several issues that have kept him off the field. As a rookie, the seventh round pick was not allowed to practice for several months due to a work visa issue, and did not see the field until training camp.

Kuhn, 27, played his college football at North Carolina State but was born and raised in Weinheim, Germany. Eventually, Kuhn was able to obtain his worker’s visa and would play in ten games his rookie season, compiling eight total tackles. However, Kuhn tore his ACL in week ten last year against the Bengals, ending his promising rookie campaign.

Now, Kuhn is six months into his recovery and he believes his time off has made him better. “I definitely say that during the injury I got a lot stronger just because during that time I’ve just been focusing on lifting weights, so I’m as strong as I have ever,” Kuhn believes.

Along with the physical strength Kuhn has added, his knowledge and mental capacity for the game has increased. While he sits on the sideline and watches the practices, Kuhn says he “gets as many mental reps as I can, know the plays, and see what everyone else is doing.” Kuhn was in the same situation this time last year and his play showed that he does not need a large number of reps in minicamp to be productive on the field.

Kuhn understands the meaning of being on the Giants defense line, and just how demanding of a challenge it is to live up to their legacy, saying, “Well, it’s the defensive line for the New York Giants, you have to expect strong competition.” He later added, “The moment you feel comfortable is the moment you are gone, so you want that competition.”

Though he is sidelined for the foreseeable future, Kuhn is anxious to get on the field, and he is confident that when he gets there he will be able to produce." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I think Kuhn has PUP written all over him!