+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Practice Report: No. 88 Back On Field

Practice Report: No. 88 Back On Field

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...k-on-the-field

Excerpt: "Hakeem Nicks didn't just show up at the Timex Performance Center on Tuesday and speak with coach Tom Coughlin and reporters in the morning. He also participated in the first practice of the Giants' three-day minicamp in the afternoon.

Nicks didn't appear to be going full-speed, but he worked during both individual and 11-on-11 drills. For the complete story on Nicks, click here.

In other news from Tuesday's practice:

Rueben Randle and Jerrel Jernigan had been serving as the team's starting wide receivers during OTAs in the absence of Nicks and Victor Cruz. But Louis Murphy was paired with Randle when the Giants began 11-on-11 drills on Tuesday.

Both Jernigan and Nicks eventually got snaps with the first unit as well. But Coughlin has spoken very positively about Murphy in recent weeks, and it appears the 26-year-old speedster, who played for the Carolina Panthers last season, may be climbing up the depth chart.

Coughlin sounded relatively pleased with his team as a whole following the nearly two-hour practice on Tuesday.

"We had good energy," Coughlin said. "Good energy today." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

All-Pro
    "good energy"....a TCism....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

I'm really surprised Nicks is practicing... I would have expected some bike time as was previously prophesied by our fellow board members.

Quote Originally Posted by giantscolombia View Post
    I'm really surprised Nicks is practicing... I would have expected some bike time as was previously prophesied by our fellow board members.
    He's working up to it.

Starter
    Shocked that Jernigan has already been passed on the depth chart, even with Nicks and Cruz out. Not.

Quote Originally Posted by sg92 View Post
    Shocked that Jernigan has already been passed on the depth chart, even with Nicks and Cruz out. Not.
    jj sucks
    FUTURE NFL STAR

2014 season
    23 rushes for 255yards 3td
    39 pancake blocks
    50 tackles 3 sacks (3 td saving tackles including final tackle as time expired to clinch win, hit of the game 9/14 & 10/26 )
    9-0-1 record///// invited to play in tiny mite bowl and beat the team we tied in regular season
    youtube (youth football Iselin Giants and look for video that's 4 mins 19sec)

Quote Originally Posted by giantscolombia View Post
    i saw it as he'd be practicing because he missed OTA's, not because of an injury he has, but moreso because an injury he HAD. him missing the OTAs was precautionary imo. that wouldnt mean he'd avoid football activity from here on though from how i rationalize it. just me tho. wouldnt have surprised me at all if he were to ride the bike.
    and, from what i read, while he did participate in team drills and the 11v11 and 7v7s etc, reporters noticed he wasnt going full bore and was still somewhat cautioned

I didn't expect Cruz to be here without a contract. at any rate hes not here so it opens the door a little more for younger guys to step up.

its a perfect opportunity for JJ to finally be spectacular.

Quote Originally Posted by sg92 View Post
    Jernigan is a slot guy. It is not surprising at all that Murphy is paired on the outside with Randle rather than JJ. Now if someone goes ahead of JJ in the slot in 3 WR sets that would qualify as JJ being passed on the depth chart. But not in 2 receiver sets. According to Gilbride JJ and Murphy are not in competition with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan12 View Post
    jj sucks
    So Ryan, are you 12?

+ Reply to Thread