+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 66 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan12 View Post
    your to funny sometimes morehead lol
    Don't encourage him
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSaint View Post
    Per ESPN, Eli had the best game of any QB last year.http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr/_/type/player-game
    He was also the 10th best qb this year according to espn

Quote Originally Posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
    I think I'm on board with this one as well.

There was a pass play to Nicks right before his breakaway TD score. Seemed like nothing but a sea of yellow and green and he had the patience (and protection) to wait for the play to develop. Such a good example of that offense clicking the way its meant to .
    Yeah that game, when you saw Eli get protection, you could see how scary this offense can be. Don't know why more people haven't said that game. Scary part is He could've had 600 yards and 6 td's if we continued to throw the ball. But we decided to run the ball the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Don't encourage him
    My awesomeness comes out whether or not I'm encouraged, RF.
    It can't be stopped.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    He was also the 10th best qb this year according to espn
    That's actually pretty good, considering we had a hobbled nicks who was actually a detriment when on the field. Then you the home field/ dome, fair weather argument. Our TE dropping around 10td passes, inept O Cordinator and a complex guess and go system. So top 10qbr isn't bad at all.
    Last edited by DarkSaint; 06-12-2013 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    It's wonderful when a guy I've had some differences with comes around to my way of thinking.As I said in the other thread, when he has protection and WR's who are creating separation, he can light it up with anyone. The Philly game is a perfect example of this.Thank you Dark Saint. I love you right back!!!
    That's what has plagued Eli his entire career. I've never seen giants receivers as open as lesser talented receivers on the Pats, Or similarly talented in Gb, Baltimore or even Washington. I blame this on our system, it is complicatedband unnecessarily makes our QB's job harder than his peers.

I cant believe you guys are not talking about the Bucs game. He had like 600 yards in the second half alone.... that alone was insane.

I mean I know the that their D was weak or what not but daaaaaaang!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    I love Simms and Eli. but that statment you just made is ignorant in regards to Simms and they way he played....
    No its not. Phil Simms was a great QBand he and Eli brpught different strengths and different wraknesses to the field. Phil Simms was tough but he wouldn't have been able to take that beating that Eli Manning did on NFC Championship Game against 49ers..

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    No its not. Phil Simms was a great QBand he and Eli brpught different strengths and different wraknesses to the field. Phil Simms was tough but he wouldn't have been able to take that beating that Eli Manning did on NFC Championship Game against 49ers..
    that was a normal sunday for simms his first few years....you have no idea what your talking about......simms was battered...he was the toughest sob there was
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    that was a normal sunday for simms his first few years....you have no idea what your talking about......simms was battered...he was the toughest sob there was
    You have no idea what you're talking about.I watched Phil play his entire career. Yes he was tough and yes he did take a beating. Howrvef, Phil wouldn't have produced like Eli did in that NFC Championship Game if he had taken the same beating.