+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 66 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSaint View Post
    That's actually pretty good, considering we had a hobbled nicks who was actually a detriment when on the field. Then you the home field/ dome, fair weather argument. Our TE dropping around 10td passes, inept O Cordinator and a complex guess and go system. So top 10qbr isn't bad at all.
    Being outperformed by 2 rookies is stellar. Remind me who was playing wr for the skins and seahawks last year. I'll wait for similar excuses.

2011 NFCCG. no fumbles, no picks, amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Being outperformed by 2 rookies is stellar. Remind me who was playing wr for the skins and seahawks last year. I'll wait for similar excuses.
    ESPNs Total QBR also takes into account rushing yards, attempts, etc.

May not have been Eli's best statistical performance, but one of my favorite moments is when we beat the pats in the superbowl and brady was sitting there slumped on the field pouting lilke a little bisnatch.

Quote Originally Posted by FishinTheSalt View Post
    May not have been Eli's best statistical performance, but one of my favorite moments is when we beat the pats in the superbowl and brady was sitting there slumped on the field pouting lilke a little bisnatch.
    Yeah, that was after he threw the pick right to Chase.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    You have no idea what you're talking about.I watched Phil play his entire career. Yes he was tough and yes he did take a beating. Howrvef, Phil wouldn't have produced like Eli did in that NFC Championship Game if he had taken the same beating.
    If that's the way you feel that's fine. But since your comment can never be proven it's totally meaningless.

Here are my recommendations of the best games Eli has played the last couple of seasons that people should watch, just to be in awe again:

vs Seattle 2008 - Was tremendous in this game. maybe it had more to do with how terrible seattle was. but dont forget people, before that browns game, when the giants got off to a 4-0 start people were even saying eli was playing at a higher level than peyton at that time (colts didnt have great start that year too i believe). there was a lot of hype around eli and the giants that time

vs arizona 2008 - He was winging it all over the field, made some beautiful throws

vs Dallas 2009 week 2 - the opening of jerry new stadium. by far one of the best games ive ever seen eli play in a long time. his accuracy, zip, plays he made under pressure. the game winning drive. it was an INCREDIBLE game by eli, up to that date i thought it was the best regular season game of his career as far as pure qb play goes. this was the first game where he showed he can carry a team when the running game and defense wasnt very good

vs Raiders 2009 - Forget the fact that he had a perfect qb rating, something I learned in this thread, he made some of the most amazing downfield throws ive ever seen him make in this game. one to steve smith, the other to manningham. this was the game coming off his foot injury and he completely put on a passing clinic in just.. what was it? 10 freaking attempts? LOL. The greatest <15 attempts game ive seen a qb play. UP to that time, one of the best games ive seen eli play in terms of pure passing ability

vs san diego 2009 - not a memorable game huh? at that point, eli was having a poor stretch of games and after that game vs philly there was a lot of concern about eli and his foot injury. but boy, he redeemed himself in a major way in this game. his pocket presence, decision making, and accuracy were all very good. i remember the offensive line playing a shaky game here too. if gilbide and coughlin put the game in elis hands on 3rd & goal, i truly believe the giants win this game. sad. it was a great game

vs falcons 2009 - Point blank, this was by far the best game, up to that point, of pure passing skills ive EVER seen eli play. He was amazing, breath taking. The throws downfield he made was freaking utterly incredible beyond words. After this game I think it officially sealed the deal the giants are a passing game and the future of their offense is with Eli and his arm. The game winning drive he had in overtime was underrated too. NBC broke it down that evening, showing that eli presnap got the safeties, that were showing a cover 2 aligment, to rotate into a cover 1 right before the snap because of elis hard count and brilliant patience. at the snap of the ball he immediately threw a gorgeous backshoulder to manningham to set up tynes for FG range. It was a tremendous game for Eli. Those deep bombs he made to steve smith and manningham in that game was great, should be in his highlight reels

vs philly 2009 at home - As mentioned in this thread already. Almost threw for 400 yards. He had complete control over phillys defense. Eli knew everything they were doing and how to beat it. People forget, if the giants win this game they arguably win the east. After dallas lost to san diego earlier that day, the giants could have taken sole possession of 1st place and never look back. but anyway, eli was great throwing the ball here. receivers made some great plays too though, but elis command of the offense was extremely impressive here. over 500 yards of offense, and you lose, pitiful. Eli did have a cringe worthy scramble-fumble here (just like 2010, but ironically this one never gets mentioned)

vs redskins monday night football 2009 - amazing game from eli. from the entire team, but eli was incredibly impressive. he picked apart washingtons zones, fit the ball into tight windows. those TD throws, both to hagan and manningham, were incredibly impressive throws. rarely, up to that point, did I see eli throw with that kind of zip downfield. it was always floaters/throw in the area passes to plax or toomer, but holy hell, eli was zinging in that game. threw with great confidence and accuracy

the game against the cowboys in 2009 @ home wasnt a great game, but eli threw an INCREDIBLE pass to jacobs on a 70+ TD catch and run that is worthy of an honorable mention. The angle and timing of that pass was awe inspiring, just amazing.

vs titans 2010 - Yes. This is the left handed interception game, a game that is probably only remembered for that. Sad, because up to this date, it was one of the best pure passing games Eli has ever played. Threw for almost 400 yards and had a spurt where he completed maybe 18 straight passes. He made one throw to manningham in the most tightest and smallest windows ive ever seen with finnegan draped over mario. He had an epic control at the line of scrimmage and had the titans D at his mercy. made a beautiful instride throw to boss and one of the GREATEST downfield throws ive ever seen eli make to manningham in the red zone 40+yds that was called back by an ahmad bradshaw penalty in pass protection. anyone remember that? it was a great throw, shame it never will show on the stat sheet

vs dallas MNF 2010 - Great game. He just destroyed wade phillips in this game. Eli had a tremendous amount of understanding & recognition pre-post snap in this game. There was nothing phillips threw at Eli that he wasnt prepared for and subsequently tore apart his defense. knew where the man coverages were, got the giants in the right plays. it was a fun display of offensive football. ignore the first 2 drives and watch the rest of the game, it was a clinic by eli

vs dallas home 2010 - The giants were playing from behind all game and I thought eli played a whale of a game. he made a throw to manningham i think in the 3rd qtr that was friggin' brilliant. it was in the perfect spot where it just missed the corner fingertips and an inch for hitting the ground. couldnt believe manningham caught that. eli brought the giants back from a deficit very impressively. thought it was a fun game to watch in terms of offensively moving the ball, despite the turnovers.

2011 speaks for itself, but as far as pure passing ability goes, my favorite eli games: vs Bills, vs miami, vs san fran (regular season), both games vs dallas. playoff games vs atlanta and green bay

as far as 2012 goes and PURE PASSING SKILLS, the tampa bay game is obvious. the first half he had against the 49ers on the road was incredible. the last game vs philly too was pretty good

these are my favs in terms of pure passing skills. the significance of the game or other factors are irrelevant. my overall favorite eli games are of course the superbowls, the nfc championship games, the playoff battles in 07. lots and lots that didnt make the list, but if you wanna watch eli put on some passing clinics, these are the ones i highly receommend. even a game like seattle where he threw 420 yards, i dont think it was a great passing game although he made a gorgeous floater to cruz on that 2nd to last drive and a sexy pre snap adjustment to a seattle overload blitz on that same drive.

maybe we should start the worst games of elis career. heh..

Quote Originally Posted by Neverend View Post
    Here are my recommendations of the best games Eli has played the last couple of seasons that people should watch, just to be in awe again:

vs Seattle 2008 - Was tremendous in this game. maybe it had more to do with how terrible seattle was. but dont forget people, before that browns game, when the giants got off to a 4-0 start people were even saying eli was playing at a higher level than peyton at that time (colts didnt have great start that year too i believe). there was a lot of hype around eli and the giants that time

vs arizona 2008 - He was winging it all over the field, made some beautiful throws

vs Dallas 2009 week 2 - the opening of jerry new stadium. by far one of the best games ive ever seen eli play in a long time. his accuracy, zip, plays he made under pressure. the game winning drive. it was an INCREDIBLE game by eli, up to that date i thought it was the best regular season game of his career as far as pure qb play goes. this was the first game where he showed he can carry a team when the running game and defense wasnt very good

vs Raiders 2009 - Forget the fact that he had a perfect qb rating, something I learned in this thread, he made some of the most amazing downfield throws ive ever seen him make in this game. one to steve smith, the other to manningham. this was the game coming off his foot injury and he completely put on a passing clinic in just.. what was it? 10 freaking attempts? LOL. The greatest <15 attempts game ive seen a qb play. UP to that time, one of the best games ive seen eli play in terms of pure passing ability

vs san diego 2009 - not a memorable game huh? at that point, eli was having a poor stretch of games and after that game vs philly there was a lot of concern about eli and his foot injury. but boy, he redeemed himself in a major way in this game. his pocket presence, decision making, and accuracy were all very good. i remember the offensive line playing a shaky game here too. if gilbide and coughlin put the game in elis hands on 3rd & goal, i truly believe the giants win this game. sad. it was a great game

vs falcons 2009 - Point blank, this was by far the best game, up to that point, of pure passing skills ive EVER seen eli play. He was amazing, breath taking. The throws downfield he made was freaking utterly incredible beyond words. After this game I think it officially sealed the deal the giants are a passing game and the future of their offense is with Eli and his arm. The game winning drive he had in overtime was underrated too. NBC broke it down that evening, showing that eli presnap got the safeties, that were showing a cover 2 aligment, to rotate into a cover 1 right before the snap because of elis hard count and brilliant patience. at the snap of the ball he immediately threw a gorgeous backshoulder to manningham to set up tynes for FG range. It was a tremendous game for Eli. Those deep bombs he made to steve smith and manningham in that game was great, should be in his highlight reels

vs philly 2009 at home - As mentioned in this thread already. Almost threw for 400 yards. He had complete control over phillys defense. Eli knew everything they were doing and how to beat it. People forget, if the giants win this game they arguably win the east. After dallas lost to san diego earlier that day, the giants could have taken sole possession of 1st place and never look back. but anyway, eli was great throwing the ball here. receivers made some great plays too though, but elis command of the offense was extremely impressive here. over 500 yards of offense, and you lose, pitiful. Eli did have a cringe worthy scramble-fumble here (just like 2010, but ironically this one never gets mentioned)

vs redskins monday night football 2009 - amazing game from eli. from the entire team, but eli was incredibly impressive. he picked apart washingtons zones, fit the ball into tight windows. those TD throws, both to hagan and manningham, were incredibly impressive throws. rarely, up to that point, did I see eli throw with that kind of zip downfield. it was always floaters/throw in the area passes to plax or toomer, but holy hell, eli was zinging in that game. threw with great confidence and accuracy

the game against the cowboys in 2009 @ home wasnt a great game, but eli threw an INCREDIBLE pass to jacobs on a 70+ TD catch and run that is worthy of an honorable mention. The angle and timing of that pass was awe inspiring, just amazing.

vs titans 2010 - Yes. This is the left handed interception game, a game that is probably only remembered for that. Sad, because up to this date, it was one of the best pure passing games Eli has ever played. Threw for almost 400 yards and had a spurt where he completed maybe 18 straight passes. He made one throw to manningham in the most tightest and smallest windows ive ever seen with finnegan draped over mario. He had an epic control at the line of scrimmage and had the titans D at his mercy. made a beautiful instride throw to boss and one of the GREATEST downfield throws ive ever seen eli make to manningham in the red zone 40+yds that was called back by an ahmad bradshaw penalty in pass protection. anyone remember that? it was a great throw, shame it never will show on the stat sheet

vs dallas MNF 2010 - Great game. He just destroyed wade phillips in this game. Eli had a tremendous amount of understanding & recognition pre-post snap in this game. There was nothing phillips threw at Eli that he wasnt prepared for and subsequently tore apart his defense. knew where the man coverages were, got the giants in the right plays. it was a fun display of offensive football. ignore the first 2 drives and watch the rest of the game, it was a clinic by eli

vs dallas home 2010 - The giants were playing from behind all game and I thought eli played a whale of a game. he made a throw to manningham i think in the 3rd qtr that was friggin' brilliant. it was in the perfect spot where it just missed the corner fingertips and an inch for hitting the ground. couldnt believe manningham caught that. eli brought the giants back from a deficit very impressively. thought it was a fun game to watch in terms of offensively moving the ball, despite the turnovers.

2011 speaks for itself, but as far as pure passing ability goes, my favorite eli games: vs Bills, vs miami, vs san fran (regular season), both games vs dallas. playoff games vs atlanta and green bay

as far as 2012 goes and PURE PASSING SKILLS, the tampa bay game is obvious. the first half he had against the 49ers on the road was incredible. the last game vs philly too was pretty good

these are my favs in terms of pure passing skills. the significance of the game or other factors are irrelevant. my overall favorite eli games are of course the superbowls, the nfc championship games, the playoff battles in 07. lots and lots that didnt make the list, but if you wanna watch eli put on some passing clinics, these are the ones i highly receommend. even a game like seattle where he threw 420 yards, i dont think it was a great passing game although he made a gorgeous floater to cruz on that 2nd to last drive and a sexy pre snap adjustment to a seattle overload blitz on that same drive.

Great summary. I was doing this earlier, but my computer shut off and I gave up. I went through each of the games in each of the years he's started. Well done.

I think the worst game Eli ever played was the Falcons game this past season, and the 2nd Redskins game last season.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Quote Originally Posted by Neverend View Post

The come back in Arizona was a sick game too in 2011, but all great games above.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    If that's the way you feel that's fine. But since your comment can never be proven it's totally meaningless.
    Whatever dude.

It is amazing that even the slighest acknowledgment that Eli is better at an area of the game than Phil is reponded to with idiocy. I never stated Phil wasn't tough, he was very tough. However, I think it quite obvious that Eli is a heck of a lot more durable than Phil was.