+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 66 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Whatever dude.

It is amazing that even the slighest acknowledgment that Eli is better at an area of the game than Phil is reponded to with idiocy. I never stated Phil wasn't tough, he was very tough. However, I think it quite obvious that Eli is a heck of a lot more durable than Phil was.
    obvious to who? no one that actually saw them BOTH play...unless you have on your eli colored glasses....eli is tough...but to try to claim hes tougher than simms was is just ridiculous
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    obvious to who? no one that actually saw them BOTH play...unless you have on your eli colored glasses....eli is tough...but to try to claim hes tougher than simms was is just ridiculous
    Having seen both of them play, I guess it depends on your definition of tough. It's easy to say Eli is more durable, because, quite frankly, he just never misses a snap. But if your talking about toughness on the field, well, Simms didn't take **** from anyone. He would get right up in anyone's face. Something Eli just doesn't ever do. One of my favorite Simms memories was when he got into it with Ronnie Lott. Phil didn't back down at all.

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    Having seen both of them play, I guess it depends on your definition of tough. It's easy to say Eli is more durable, because, quite frankly, he just never misses a snap. But if your talking about toughness on the field, well, Simms didn't take **** from anyone. He would get right up in anyone's face. Something Eli just doesn't ever do. One of my favorite Simms memories was when he got into it with Ronnie Lott. Phil didn't back down at all.
    I was actually referring to both because Simms took a beating and still went back to the huddle...except his few freak accidents......
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

"I test how other people deal with reality"
    Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    I was actually referring to both because Simms took a beating and still went back to the huddle...except his few freak accidents......
    i think people mix up tough with durable. Eli is durable but he isnt a tough guy you would want with you in a bar fight or anything.

neverend-awesome post. thank you for putting the time and effort u did into it. i enjoyed reading it.

and yes i remember that play u speak of vs tenn. it was such a heartbreaker to have it called back. what it was, bradshaw did that illegal blocking play, term escapes me for some reason, where he was blocking a DL (just barely i mean he touched him with his hands, such a ticky tack call) while one of our OL was already engaged with the same DL. iirc, our OL also cut blocked and it was just a bad call imo.

and we ran that patented fake screen wr wheel route to MM (who ran the wheel). What was especially brutal, was we were on our 1 yr line iirc, and the penalty resulted in a safety. we went from going on our 1, down by a score at this point too i remember we made a lil comeback, perhaps 8 or 6 we were down. and we complete the pass and it was a beauty i remeber it vividly. eli dropped it right into mms bread basket on the move. u couldnt hand the ball of any better than the pass. and it wasdown the left sideline. nice grab too iirc. we went from that, with all the momentum thatd bring, to a safety, down by more than 1 score now, and punting.

that whole day, we just couldnt get out of our own way.

thanks again for the post neverend

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    i think people mix up tough with durable. Eli is durable but he isnt a tough guy you would want with you in a bar fight or anything.
    I'm envisioning a lot of open handed slap/punches from Eli in a bar fight.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I'm envisioning a lot of open handed slap/punches from Eli in a bar fight.
    I think it would just be called a slap if it was opened handed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    I think it would just be called a slap if it was opened handed.
    No sense of humor......
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    No sense of humor......
    I was just kidding man...

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    I was just kidding man...
    You and I both know that either of us could kill Eli in a fight.
    Get well soon 80.