+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Not the Wild Card shutout against the Panthers? 100 or so yards, 3 picks, a fumble and no touchdowns.I don't think he's been that bad since.
    I forgot that one lol. Trying to block it out.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Not the Wild Card shutout against the Panthers? 100 or so yards, 3 picks, a fumble and no touchdowns.

I don't think he's been that bad since.
    to be fair, the entire team no showed and we fielded 3 lbs off the streets. one could easily argue that the younger eli could have tried to do too much and it resulted in picks. hes certainly had an issue with that since. but i remember that game and the entire team no showed it was putrid the energy level the team was giving for a playoff game.

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Being outperformed by 2 rookies is stellar. Remind me who was playing wr for the skins and seahawks last year. I'll wait for similar excuses.

I'm glad you brought these 2 teams up.

The redskins with their offense was tailor made for RG3's strengths Coach Shanahan met with RG3's college coach and went over his strengths and weaknesses. Are you going to compare Eli to a system qb who was only asked to play off of his strengths?

We had a terrible Oline especially after Locklear went down, we use our RB to help with blitz pick up, never mind that the RB was playing with broken ankles. I saw remember more than a few plays where he couldnt eve react to a blitz because of his ankles.

With an hobbled NIcks and hurting AB, we were playing 2 man short for most of the year. That's minus 2 weapons which allowed opposing defenses to double and even triple team Cruz and Bennett.

Like Drez said the ESPN takes into account qb's rushing totals. Those 2 rookies were stellar runners which brought them up into the top10. Without that Eli would be at least 8. If we improve on the following:
    Improve Oline
    WR stay healthy
    OC by some miracle increases his IQ points from 70 points to about 105 Eli should be top 3 next year.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    to be fair, the entire team no showed and we fielded 3 lbs off the streets. one could easily argue that the younger eli could have tried to do too much and it resulted in picks. hes certainly had an issue with that since. but i remember that game and the entire team no showed it was putrid the energy level the team was giving for a playoff game.
    By the end of it, it seemed like Eli and Tiki were the only ones still trying to win.

I see that game as a good thing (oddly), as it still remains Eli's worst game from a statistical, and situational perspective. Better to have that come early on in a career than later. Look at Brees - he only experienced an implosion like that last season (5 picks, no TDs vs the Falcons).

Let me bring up 2 other good games.

Week 1 @ Cowboys 2007. Eli Manning went 28/41 312 Yards 4 TD's 1 INT.
    Week 17 vs Patriots 2007. Eli Manning went 22/32 251 Yards 4 TD's 1 INT.
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSaint View Post

The redskins with their offense was tailor made for RG3's strengths Coach Shanahan met with RG3's college coach and went over his strengths and weaknesses. Are you going to compare Eli to a system qb who was only asked to play off of his strengths?

We had a terrible Oline especially after Locklear went down, we use our RB to help with blitz pick up, never mind that the RB was playing with broken ankles. I saw remember more than a few plays where he couldnt eve react to a blitz because of his ankles.

With an hobbled NIcks and hurting AB, we were playing 2 man short for most of the year. That's minus 2 weapons which allowed opposing defenses to double and even triple team Cruz and Bennett.

Like Drez said the ESPN takes into account qb's rushing totals. Those 2 rookies were stellar runners which brought them up into the top10. Without that Eli would be at least 8. If we improve on the following:
    Improve Oline
    WR stay healthy
    OC by some miracle increases his IQ points from 70 points to about 105 Eli should be top 3 next year.
    Passing wise (regular QB rating), they were much better then Eli also. In fact, Eli fared worse under the traditional QB rating than the ESPN one, which takes rushing totals into account. Eli was 14th in the traditional rating rankings.

And if we can hand select improvements for every QB, they'll also improve dramatically. And since everything is relative, Eli will remain around 14th. Not unless you're saying Eli is the only one that faces adversity ...

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSaint View Post

Improve Oline
    WR stay healthy
    Welcome to the NFL.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    I am not trying to provoke anything. I made a comment along the lines that even The Great Phil Simms wouldn't have been able to take the beating that Eli Manning did in the NFC Championship Game and perform as well as Eli did. That is neither a knock on Simms nor is it an attempt to try and illicit an argument. It is a statement of fact. It is not about the level of toughness between the two, it is about the obvious and that is that Eli is more durable than Phil was.
    Here's what you said:

That NFC Championship Game will be one of Eli Manning's prominant moments when he goes in to HoF. All respect to The Great Phil Simms but he wouldn't have made it through that game if he took all those hits that Eli did.

Clearly you failed to state anything factual, and only offered your opinion. But thanks for playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    Here's what you said:

That NFC Championship Game will be one of Eli Manning's prominant moments when he goes in to HoF. All respect to The Great Phil Simms but he wouldn't have made it through that game if he took all those hits that Eli did.

Clearly you failed to state anything factual, and only offered your opinion. But thanks for playing.
    The SF championship game represented an average game for Phil in his career as to the beating he took.
    In other words, Phil got killed in most every game of his career. Eli has no idea what it takes to get through a season of taking the kind of constant shots Phil always took.
    Buffy is just trying to stir up some ****.......Which is commendable.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    The SF championship game represented an average game for Phil in his career as to the beating he took.
    In other words, Phil got killed in most every game of his career. Eli has no idea what it takes to get through a season of taking the kind of constant shots Phil always took.
    Buffy is just trying to stir up some ****.......Which is commendable.
    lol.

Back in those days it seemed like the Monday paper always had a picture of Phil getting sacked.