+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 66 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I admire it more. I don't know if Phil's style got him hurt more or not. I just love guys who are willing to take a hit in order to make a play for the team.
    If that makes me "dumd"......so be it.
    and Eli never stands in the pocket and makes the throw.....
    assuming you are refering to that.....

yeah your perspective is dumd for sure....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

I admire it more. I don't know if Phil's style got him hurt more or not. I just love guys who are willing to take a hit in order to make a play for the team.If that makes me "dumd"......so be it.
    Happy to see you're having fun with my typing challenges. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by speedman View Post
    Well I was only 10 in the late 50's so my memory of him is a little foggy. What I remember is he was a big, strong and a powerful blocker. He was also quick enough to pull on sweeps. Had a v shaped upper body.
    28" waist I was told by my dad at about 6'3" and 245 or so.

Same as I am now.

Quote Originally Posted by speedman View Post
    Happy to see you're having fun with my typing challenges. Lol
    Just light hearted humor.
    Get well soon 80.

I admire it more. I don't know if Phil's style got him hurt more or not. I just love guys who are willing to take a hit in order to make a play for the team.
    If that makes me "dumd"......so be it.
    Look...the idea that you admire it is one thing. The idea that it's what made Phil the player he was is interesting and defensible.

The idea that taking frequent hits has no connection to injuries is a little soft.
    "I was disappointed that Eli did not lead his team in that brawl. I'm not saying I would have completely lost respect for him as a leader if I were on the squad but that kind of suspect behavior would definitely have me eyeing him sideways"...elitikistrahan

Quote Originally Posted by Delicreep View Post
    Look...the idea that you admire it is one thing. The idea that it's what made Phil the player he was is interesting and defensible.

The idea that taking frequent hits has no connection to injuries is a little soft.
    Not really sure. When looking at his particular injuries, I can't remember if they came as a product of taking a direct hit, while waiting for a WR to break open, leaving him exposed.
    He did dislocate his thumb on a follow through in 83, catching it in Carl Hairston's facemask. I would have to see it again.
    Get well soon 80.

In Reese We Trust

What Kevin Gilbride thinks Eli Manning needs to work on now that he's 32 years old.

"The same things as always," Gilbride said last week. "Making better decisions. Sometimes he gets antsy trying to make a play. And as always, he will try to push the envelope beyond what it should have been pushed. Continuing to make better decisions in terms of recognition of how teams are trying to disguise coverages, doing the little things better in terms of carrying out his fakes. He still can grow in terms of understanding what we are looking for as a coaching staff because he is our spokesperson out there. He is our guy, he is our link that has to translate it or say it out on the field. So there is still a lot of room for him to get better. But the best part of about it is that he is going to roll up his sleeves and do everything he can to get that done." - From Ralph Vacchiano

Could have sworn that this is exactly what I've been saying for years.

Get well soon 80.

Q: What are some things he needs to work on?

A: The same things as always, making better decisions. Sometimes he gets antsy trying to make a play. And as always, he will try to push the envelope beyond what it should have been pushed. Continuing to make better decisions in terms of recognition of how teams are trying to disguise coverages, doing the little things better in terms of carrying out his fakes. He still can grow in terms of understanding what we are looking for as a coaching staff because he is our spokesperson out there. He is our guy, he is our link that has to translate it or say it out on the field. So there is still a lot of room for him to get better. But the best part of about it is that he is going to roll up his sleeves and do everything he can to get that done.
    Some interesting comments here about Eli's command of this offense. This will be what, Eli's 8th year with Gilbride as OC? You would think by now he would have a full understanding of it. I'm not sure if that's more of an indictment on Eli or Gilbride system.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    Some interesting comments here about Eli's command of this offense. This will be what, Eli's 8th year with Gilbride as OC? You would think by now he would have a full understanding of it. I'm not sure if that's more of an indictment on Eli or Gilbride system.
    I see how your thinking, but because of the number of decisions you make I think there is always room for improvement. Favre had his best year as a QB in his 19th year.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    C'mon...that reads like an employee evaluation for a guy your really happy works for you.
    You have to say something.

And I am not saying Eli has nothing to work on, or that I disagree with what was said, just that it seems like one of those pat answers you give when forced.
    "I was disappointed that Eli did not lead his team in that brawl. I'm not saying I would have completely lost respect for him as a leader if I were on the squad but that kind of suspect behavior would definitely have me eyeing him sideways"...elitikistrahan