+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 66 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 651
  1. #531
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    43,951
    Quote Originally Posted by Delicreep View Post
    C'mon...that reads like an employee evaluation for a guy your really happy works for you.
    You have to say something.

    And I am not saying Eli has nothing to work on, or that I disagree with what was said, just that it seems like one of those pat answers you give when forced.
    And as a fan I am happy he plays for us.
    But the critique is very similar to what I've been saying for years and have been called all kinds of names for.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  2. #532
    All-Pro Delicreep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    5,367
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    And as a fan I am happy he plays for us.
    But the critique is very similar to what I've been saying for years and have been called all kinds of names for.
    Called names for the critic or the time you take to be insulting and instigating?

    And again...not disputing it, but it just sounds so canned.
    This space for rent

  3. #533
    All-Pro Roosevelt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Del Boca Vista
    Posts
    15,710
    Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    I see how your thinking, but because of the number of decisions you make I think there is always room for improvement. Favre had his best year as a QB in his 19th year.
    As Giants fans I think we all question our play selection. To the average guy with little knowledge of our system, they simply blame our OC. These comments by KG indicate what I've believed for quite some time.

  4. #534
    All-Pro Delicreep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    5,367
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    As Giants fans I think we all question our play selection. To the average guy with little knowledge of our system, they simply blame our OC. These comments by KG indicate what I've believed for quite some time.
    The quick finger point at the OC often seems a bit unfair to me.

    But what did KG say that you have been saying for a long time?
    This space for rent

  5. #535
    All-Pro Roosevelt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Del Boca Vista
    Posts
    15,710
    Quote Originally Posted by Delicreep View Post
    C'mon...that reads like an employee evaluation for a guy your really happy works for you.
    You have to say something.

    And I am not saying Eli has nothing to work on, or that I disagree with what was said, just that it seems like one of those pat answers you give when forced.
    I think he was being very candid or he's simply trying to throw Eli under the bus. lol.

    Look at what he said:

    1. He needs to make better decisions.
    2. Ge gets antsy trying to make a play.
    3. He will try to push the envelope beyond what it should have been pushed.
    4. He needs to make better decisions in terms of recognition of how teams are trying to disguise coverages.
    5. Carry out his fakes better.
    6. Better understand what we are looking for as a coaching staff.

  6. #536
    All-Pro Roosevelt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Del Boca Vista
    Posts
    15,710
    Quote Originally Posted by Delicreep View Post
    The quick finger point at the OC often seems a bit unfair to me.

    But what did KG say that you have been saying for a long time?
    I don't know. I've said quite a bit....

  7. #537
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    43,951
    Quote Originally Posted by Delicreep View Post
    Called names for the critic or the time you take to be insulting and instigating?

    And again...not disputing it, but it just sounds so canned.
    I admit to the instigating. Who am I being accused of insulting?
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  8. #538
    All-Pro Delicreep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    5,367
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    I think he was being very candid or he's simply trying to throw Eli under the bus. lol.

    Look at what he said:

    1. He needs to make better decisions.
    2. Ge gets antsy trying to make a play.
    3. He will try to push the envelope beyond what it should have been pushed.
    4. He needs to make better decisions in terms of recognition of how teams are trying to disguise coverages.
    5. Carry out his fakes better.
    6. Better understand what we are looking for as a coaching staff.
    Right...that's what Gilbride said.

    My point to you (and Morehead) is not that he's wrong or that you're wrong; it's that it would be almost impossible to find a non-snarky, non-insulting to some members post that says any of those things specifically.

    You two wonder about the "magic" about you saying this for years and not being heard - that's the answer.

    Shame, because you are both football smart and have a lot to share with people you go out of your way to rile up


    Edit...if it's easier...use instigating for insulting
    Last edited by Delicreep; 06-17-2013 at 04:03 PM. Reason: to stop Morehead from getting distracted.
    This space for rent

  9. #539
    All-Pro Roosevelt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Del Boca Vista
    Posts
    15,710
    Quote Originally Posted by Delicreep View Post
    The quick finger point at the OC often seems a bit unfair to me.

    But what did KG say that you have been saying for a long time?
    Sorry, I thought you were setting my up with another of your questions. lol.

    I have questioned Eli's decision making running this offense.

  10. #540
    All-Pro Delicreep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    5,367
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    Sorry, I thought you were setting my up with another of your questions. lol.

    I have questioned Eli's decision making running this offense.
    Here's my rule on this: I'll argue, but I won't do set up's on people I essentially agree with, whose methods I question.
    This space for rent

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts