+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Not Under Contract?

I guess I don't really understand how the whole tender and RFA works.

I thought Cruz had a contract that covered this upcoming season.

I understand that they are trying to work out a long term contract, but wouldn't he still need to show up to mandatory activities? If not, he would be considered holding out and subject to fines, penalties, etc......

Cruz is a free agent who is only allowed to negotiate with the Giants. He'll be unemployed until he signs either his tender, or a new contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Cruz is a free agent who is only allowed to negotiate with the Giants. He'll be unemployed until he signs either his tender, or a new contract.
    I wonder if he applied for UC Benefits...? Giants brass should fight his claim if he did.

Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    I wonder if he applied for UC Benefits...? Giants brass should fight his claim if he did.
    Is that a really big concern?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    Do you even realize what you sound like -- Please refrain from posting MORONIC statements like this, because you are actually showing everyone here that you need to STAND UP TO TAKE A LOAD OFF YOUR MIND. Not even mentioning that when you take a S*IT you lose major brain cells

Now back to the topic at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by danme View Post
    Do you even realize what you sound like -- Please refrain from posting MORONIC statements like this, because you are actually showing everyone here that you need to STAND UP TO TAKE A LOAD OFF YOUR MIND. Not even mentioning that when you take a S*IT you lose major brain cells

Now back to the topic at hand.
    what lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    what lol...
    LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL I take it you got a laugh out of my Post -- Or maybe not

Peace
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    This pretty much sums it up, I think. You forgot to mention that the Giants can actually lower his tender up to 60% i think it is if he does not sign by the 17th of this month....

And so, if he never reaches an agreement on a contract and never signs his tender, he sits out this year and becomes an unrestricted FA next year?

Quote Originally Posted by ebick View Post
    And so, if he never reaches an agreement on a contract and never signs his tender, he sits out this year and becomes an unrestricted FA next year?
    Nope, he is still a RFA next year. That's why it makes no sense for him.