+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Veteran ebick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,315

    Not Under Contract?

    I guess I don't really understand how the whole tender and RFA works.

    I thought Cruz had a contract that covered this upcoming season.

    I understand that they are trying to work out a long term contract, but wouldn't he still need to show up to mandatory activities? If not, he would be considered holding out and subject to fines, penalties, etc......

  2. #2
    Cruz is a free agent who is only allowed to negotiate with the Giants. He'll be unemployed until he signs either his tender, or a new contract.

  3. #3
    Starter PBTimmons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Penn
    Posts
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Cruz is a free agent who is only allowed to negotiate with the Giants. He'll be unemployed until he signs either his tender, or a new contract.
    I wonder if he applied for UC Benefits...? Giants brass should fight his claim if he did.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

  4. #4
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    103,953
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    I wonder if he applied for UC Benefits...? Giants brass should fight his claim if he did.
    Is that a really big concern?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1






    # 80

  5. #5
    Veteran danme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,023
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    I wonder if he applied for UC Benefits...? Giants brass should fight his claim if he did.
    Do you even realize what you sound like -- Please refrain from posting MORONIC statements like this, because you are actually showing everyone here that you need to STAND UP TO TAKE A LOAD OFF YOUR MIND. Not even mentioning that when you take a S*IT you lose major brain cells

    Now back to the topic at hand.

  6. #6
    All-Pro Eliscruzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warwick NY
    Posts
    6,520
    Quote Originally Posted by danme View Post
    Do you even realize what you sound like -- Please refrain from posting MORONIC statements like this, because you are actually showing everyone here that you need to STAND UP TO TAKE A LOAD OFF YOUR MIND. Not even mentioning that when you take a S*IT you lose major brain cells

    Now back to the topic at hand.
    what lol...

  7. #7
    Veteran danme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    what lol...
    LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL I take it you got a laugh out of my Post -- Or maybe not

    Peace
    Dan

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Cruz is a free agent who is only allowed to negotiate with the Giants. He'll be unemployed until he signs either his tender, or a new contract.
    This pretty much sums it up, I think. You forgot to mention that the Giants can actually lower his tender up to 60% i think it is if he does not sign by the 17th of this month....

  9. #9
    Veteran ebick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,315
    And so, if he never reaches an agreement on a contract and never signs his tender, he sits out this year and becomes an unrestricted FA next year?

  10. #10
    All-Pro TCHOF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    7,036
    Quote Originally Posted by ebick View Post
    And so, if he never reaches an agreement on a contract and never signs his tender, he sits out this year and becomes an unrestricted FA next year?
    Nope, he is still a RFA next year. That's why it makes no sense for him.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts