+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Not Under Contract?

Not Under Contract?

I guess I don't really understand how the whole tender and RFA works.

I thought Cruz had a contract that covered this upcoming season.

I understand that they are trying to work out a long term contract, but wouldn't he still need to show up to mandatory activities? If not, he would be considered holding out and subject to fines, penalties, etc......

Cruz is a free agent who is only allowed to negotiate with the Giants. He'll be unemployed until he signs either his tender, or a new contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Cruz is a free agent who is only allowed to negotiate with the Giants. He'll be unemployed until he signs either his tender, or a new contract.
    I wonder if he applied for UC Benefits...? Giants brass should fight his claim if he did.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

This pretty much sums it up, I think. You forgot to mention that the Giants can actually lower his tender up to 60% i think it is if he does not sign by the 17th of this month....

And so, if he never reaches an agreement on a contract and never signs his tender, he sits out this year and becomes an unrestricted FA next year?

Quote Originally Posted by ebick View Post
    And so, if he never reaches an agreement on a contract and never signs his tender, he sits out this year and becomes an unrestricted FA next year?
    Nope, he is still a RFA next year. That's why it makes no sense for him.

I think the fact that he hasn't signed his tender is good, as it likely (hopefully) means negotiations are still progressing in some form.

Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    I wonder if he applied for UC Benefits...? Giants brass should fight his claim if he did.
    Is that a really big concern?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I think the fact that he hasn't signed his tender is good, as it likely (hopefully) means negotiations are still progressing in some form.
    The recent reports all say there is slow movement and the word movement is the key.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Nope, he is still a RFA next year. That's why it makes no sense for him.
    Wow the players really screwed themselves with that new collective bargaining agreement.

+ Reply to Thread