+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ebick View Post
    And so, if he never reaches an agreement on a contract and never signs his tender, he sits out this year and becomes an unrestricted FA next year?
    No, he in essence marches in place and starts next year as a RFA
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    +1 never thought about that.
    It's still lopsided, but the employees get some of their wishes as well
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    The recent reports all say there is slow movement and the word movement is the key.
    I just wish one or both sides took some prune juice, to help that movement along

Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    I just wish one or both sides took some prune juice, to help that movement along
    We are getting more antsy as we move through June toward training camp. On the good news side, Cruz has reportedly come down on his demand to within striking distance of the team's suspected offer of $7M. I've been saying it is probably the term and guarantee that need some give and take.

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by ebick View Post
    I guess I don't really understand how the whole tender and RFA works.

I thought Cruz had a contract that covered this upcoming season.

I understand that they are trying to work out a long term contract, but wouldn't he still need to show up to mandatory activities? If not, he would be considered holding out and subject to fines, penalties, etc......
    Don't know if this has been said yet, but we tendered Cruz (which restricted his FA rights and gave us rights of first refusal). Though this tender limited Cruz' ability to freely seek another team, it's not a binding contract until he signs it. As of this writing he has not. Since he hasn't signed it, he's not under contract and has no obligation to show up for any team events, mandatory or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Don't know if this has been said yet, but we tendered Cruz (which restricted his FA rights and gave us rights of first refusal). Though this tender limited Cruz' ability to freely seek another team, it's not a binding contract until he signs it. As of this writing he has not. Since he hasn't signed it, he's not under contract and has no obligation to show up for any team events, mandatory or otherwise.
    Not only that, but he would be unprotected if he were to get injured without being under contract.

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Not only that, but he would be unprotected if he were to get injured without being under contract.
    Well, he'd need to sign an injury waiver (much like Pugh and Nassib have done), which would give him some recompense if he was injured.

Well, he'd need to sign an injury waiver (much like Pugh and Nassib have done), which would give him some recompense if he was injured.
    Yes, but nowhere near what a guarantee would provide. Given the number of players hurt every year at OTAs, I think Cruz would be foolish to show up until he has signed a contract

# 80

That's interesting about Pugh and Nassib. Especially for Pugh. He is risking a lot here. If he gets any sort of injury here, he could lose a lot. Signing an injury waiver doesn't seem like the smartest thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Nope, he is still a RFA next year. That's why it makes no sense for him.
    another Cruz thread.. If we string them together end to end we could reach from NY to CA. Lol...
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***