+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

ESPN Practice Report

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...ast-rutherford

Excerpt: "In other news from Wednesday's practice:

• Wide receiver Hakeem Nicks was in action for the second consecutive day, after skipping the Giants' voluntary OTAs the past few weeks. Nicks again ran routes in individual, 7-on-7 and 11-on-11 drills.

"We knew exactly how much yardage he had, and so we bumped it up a bit today -- not too much," Coughlin said. "He got a good opportunity here again today, and we'll see, maybe a little more tomorrow."

• Fellow wideout Jerrel Jernigan, who has been getting increased reps in the absence of Nicks and Victor Cruz the past few weeks, was in uniform but watched from the sideline with a wrap around his left leg. Jernigan also had to leave a practice two weeks ago early because of a tweak to his left hamstring.

Running back Ryan Torain also watched from the sideline for the second straight day. Coughlin said Torain is dealing with a hamstring injury, too.

• Coughlin sounds pleased with the Giants' other four running backs: David Wilson, Andre Brown, Da'Rel Scott and rookie Ryan Cox.

"They have all worked well, given the opportunities," Coughlin said. "The young kid [Cox] continues to do some good things. Between Andre [Brown] and David [Wilson], we've had good days, I think, pretty consistently. Da'Rel Scott has had a few good days."

Wilson and Brown are expected to share the bulk of the carries come the regular season. Last year's starter, Ahmad Bradshaw, signed with the Colts on Tuesday.

Eli Manning connected with his new tight end, Brandon Myers, three times during one 7-on-7 session in the middle of practice.

Myers had 79 catches for 806 yards for the Raiders last season, and is replacing Martellus Bennett, who had 55 catches for 626 yards for the Giants a year ago.

• In the battle of the backup QBs, David Carr made a nice deep connection with Ramses Barden during 7-on-7 drills. Barden, who re-signed with the Giants in late May, made a couple of nice plays on the day and has looked good since his return.

Rookie QB Ryan Nassib, on the other hand, threw a wobbly deep pass that was picked off by reserve safety Tyler Sash." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Jernigan is not going to make the team. Just not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Tuck Rule View Post
    Jernigan is not going to make the team. Just not going to happen.
    would you like to wager?
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    would you like to wager?
    Sure. We can Paypal each other. lol

Cruz is going to sign eventually making Jernigan a reserve. He's shown nothing since his draft to warrant a spot on the team and potential means squat. There are too many other WR's on the roster to make keeping him a necessity. Plus he's already hurt twice and Training Camp hasnt started?? Later bro.

I'd like to see him make it. I even thought he would. But, after knowing that he's tweaked again. I'm leaning the other way.

I still don't think he's all that good. But, I did think he'd make the team.

Sure. We can Paypal each other. lol

Cruz is going to sign eventually making Jernigan a reserve. He's shown nothing since his draft to warrant a spot on the team and potential means squat. There are too many other WR's on the roster to make keeping him a necessity. Plus he's already hurt twice and Training Camp hasnt started?? Later bro.
    they are not going to cut him in the middle of his rookie contract...to even think that is just naïve on your part...have a great night....Ill add you to the list of Jernigan haters to come looking for at end of year
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    they are not going to cut him in the middle of his rookie contract...to even think that is just naïve on your part...have a great night....Ill add you to the list of Jernigan haters to come looking for at end of year
    Please do.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Wait...I forgot something. According to the new CBA, a team is not obligated to fork over the money for remaining years of the contract if they cut the player.

Have a good night.

Please do.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Wait...I forgot something. According to the new CBA, a team is not obligated to fork over the money for remaining years of the contract if they cut the player.

Have a good night.
    still owe all the guaranteed money...that hasn't changed and it counts against the cap....that's irrelevant...hes the back up to cruz...he makes the team....

Not if the guaranteed money was paid in a signing bonus.

If the kid cant play, he's not a back up to anyone. He's a roster spot.

Agree to disagee on JJ. Again, I hope you're right. I just think you aren't.

Not if the guaranteed money was paid in a signing bonus.

If the kid cant play, he's not a back up to anyone. He's a roster spot.

Agree to disagee on JJ. Again, I hope you're right. I just think you aren't.
    you do realize the signing bonus is divided by the length of the contract and counts that amount against cap right?