Excerpt: "In other news from Wednesday's practice:
• Wide receiver Hakeem Nicks was in action for the second consecutive day, after skipping the Giants' voluntary OTAs the past few weeks. Nicks again ran routes in individual, 7-on-7 and 11-on-11 drills.
"We knew exactly how much yardage he had, and so we bumped it up a bit today -- not too much," Coughlin said. "He got a good opportunity here again today, and we'll see, maybe a little more tomorrow."
• Fellow wideout Jerrel Jernigan, who has been getting increased reps in the absence of Nicks and Victor Cruz the past few weeks, was in uniform but watched from the sideline with a wrap around his left leg. Jernigan also had to leave a practice two weeks ago early because of a tweak to his left hamstring.
Running back Ryan Torain also watched from the sideline for the second straight day. Coughlin said Torain is dealing with a hamstring injury, too.
• Coughlin sounds pleased with the Giants' other four running backs: David Wilson, Andre Brown, Da'Rel Scott and rookie Ryan Cox.
"They have all worked well, given the opportunities," Coughlin said. "The young kid [Cox] continues to do some good things. Between Andre [Brown] and David [Wilson], we've had good days, I think, pretty consistently. Da'Rel Scott has had a few good days."
Wilson and Brown are expected to share the bulk of the carries come the regular season. Last year's starter, Ahmad Bradshaw, signed with the Colts on Tuesday.
• Eli Manning connected with his new tight end, Brandon Myers, three times during one 7-on-7 session in the middle of practice.
Myers had 79 catches for 806 yards for the Raiders last season, and is replacing Martellus Bennett, who had 55 catches for 626 yards for the Giants a year ago.
• In the battle of the backup QBs, David Carr made a nice deep connection with Ramses Barden during 7-on-7 drills. Barden, who re-signed with the Giants in late May, made a couple of nice plays on the day and has looked good since his return.
Rookie QB Ryan Nassib, on the other hand, threw a wobbly deep pass that was picked off by reserve safety Tyler Sash." Read more...