+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Giants' David Wilson: I'm Not Worried About Stats; I'm Worried About Winning

http://www.giants101.com/2013/06/13/...about-winning/

Excerpt: "Going into his rookie season with the New York Giants, running back David Wilsonset some lofty goals for himself. It's something he does prior to the start of each season dating all the way back to high school, and something he'll do again this year. However, after only a year under head coach Tom Coughlin, Wilson realizes that although compiling big numbers for the back of your football card looks good, in the end, it's all about the W.

"I’m not worried about the carries or the yards or stats. It doesn’t mean as much as winning games and us working together to make the running game effective so the passing game can be effective," Wilson said at mini-camp. "When you balance out the two that’s when you win games and we definitely need to win games because the Super Bowl is here this year. That’s where I want to be."

Wilson also realizes, with both Ahmad Bradshaw and Brandon Jacobs no longer around the locker-room, he needs to step up his game and fill part of the void that has been left. One of the primary ways of doing that is ensuring the coaches have confidence in him." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Dawwww

Wish he'd be more worried about dropping the ball.

i think this shows a maturation/growth. yeah, its kinda the trivial tripe athlete cliche. but still, he wasnt saying this when he was going through the list of individual goals he set for himself.

the way I see it, and im not saying DW even did anything wrong. just how I'd do it, I'd keep the individual personal goals private and to myself until after the season while I'd share the above mentality with the media.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    I'd like him to be worried about doing back flips. He needs to stop.

I think Wilson has been severely drilled about fumbling and doing back flips.

hopefully we will see improvements in both areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Give it a rest.

75 touches from LOS (incl 4 receptions), 5 TDs (1 receiving), 5.0 ave per carry. One fumble in his first professional game exactly 9 months ago. I recall no fumbles on his returns.

And all you can remember is the single fumble on his first or second carry of his professional career.

This kid is gonna be a star.

Let's go.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    And all you can remember is the single fumble on his first or second carry of his professional career.
    I remember crygate lol

Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    I'd like him to be worried about doing back flips. He needs to stop.
    Backflips = Touchdowns.

Need more backflips!!