+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    I'll let that speak a little bit about Herz. I hope that he starts to learn the game more and gets ready for it more than the fact that the rest of the guys aren't that good.
    Great he looks good in shorts and helmet, lol. I hope he is going to do good as they say he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    Great he looks good in shorts and helmet, lol. I hope he is going to do good as they say he is.
    Well, I hope he starts wearing Cruz' line of clothing.

I get it, but he was man handled last year. He couldn't read coverages, couldn't shed blocks and was getting blown up. I think it just speaks to how bad our linebackers are.
    Still a young guy, though, and coming off a life-threatening illness. Given his college performance, his contract, his draft status (UDFA), I'm totally cool giving him the benefit of the doubt.

A guy like Herzlich at least could help out on special teams, even if it turns out he's not starting-caliber material.

I'm probably totally jumping the gun here, but I don't know if we can read anything into how Dan Connor is playing...my worry with Connor is that we were replacing the Chase Blackburn we knew with the Chase Blackburn we didn't know.
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 06-12-2013 at 01:37 PM.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

I am rooting for Herz.. Big Time!!

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    Still a young guy, though, and coming off a life-threatening illness. Given his college performance, his contract, his draft status (UDFA), I'm totally cool giving him the benefit of the doubt.
    True, I'm just worried of what I seen of him last year.

True, I'm just worried of what I seen of him last year.
    You make a very valid point. I know I've been harping on the linebacker position pretty much non-stop, but now what is done is done. The draft is over, and unless something unseen happens, Reese has made his free agent move by signing Curry.

Paysinger, Herzlich, and Williams still have some upside to them, though, so I'm holding out hope.

It would be cool if Herzlich turns into another Gary Reasons....but that's setting my sights pretty high.
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 06-12-2013 at 01:43 PM.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

umm I'm rooting for paysinger the kid flies all over the field. Herz got destroyed in that pittsburg game. Knowing the defense is great but you have to be able to execute.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    This kind of scares me.
    Running on hope....we don't have much of a choice at this point.

Hope that Paysinger, Herzlich, and Williams improve.

Hope that Rivers and Curry can stay healthy and live up to their 1st round billing.

Hope that Connor is at least on par with Blackburn.

Hope that Moore and Taylor handle some of the duties that we normally expect out of linebackers.

At least a few of these guys have to be better than so far in their respective careers, or else this unit, and this defense, has some problems.
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 06-12-2013 at 02:08 PM.

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    You make a very valid point. I know I've been harping on the linebacker position pretty much non-stop, but now what is done is done. The draft is over, and unless something unseen happens, Reese has made his free agent move by signing Curry.

Paysinger, Herzlich, and Williams still have some upside to them, though, so I'm holding out hope.

It would be cool if Herzlich turns into another Gary Reasons....but that's setting my sights pretty high.
    Now man I'm glad you have high hopes for him. I should be more confident in him too.I hope your right.He is young he was out of football for a while.Maybe this year with a full offseason working with the first team he will do something special. I like Paysinger too, but I still think our best would be, Williams, Rivers, and Conor (if Herz doesn't improve)