+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Willis McGahee

Willis McGahee

Do you reckon the Giants make a play for Willis McGahee following his release from Denver?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ase-by-broncos

If the price is right HELL YEAH!!! He is an underrated back and would be a good backup plan if Brown gets hurt again. I'd rather have him then Torrain.

Quote Originally Posted by UKAnt14 View Post
    Do you reckon the Giants make a play for Willis McGahee following his release from Denver?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ase-by-broncos
    I was really thinking we were going to get through the day without a...... "should we sign Willis McGahee"... thread.

That's what I get for being an optimist.

In a word...........NO!!!!!!!!
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I was really thinking we were going to get through the day without a...... "should we sign Willis McGahee"... thread.

lol. I'm surprised it took so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post

I don't get it...would you rather have him or D.Scott?? If the price is in the range of Torrain then why not?

I think we have guys we need to take a step up to the next level including first round pick David Wilson.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

if he is willing to sign a vet min deal or something near it, yes. we wouldnt bring him here to be thr 1 or even 2 rb, so it doesnt really effect DW. It may AB as their may be some sort of camp competition were we to bring him in. This is about getting better across the board. just bc we're set at #1 and #2 depth chart rb's doesnt mean #3 is set...1- he is good in pass protection. 2-he's an everydown back that we could use as depth. 3- he'd be a good mentor for the younger guys.

if Leach was someone we were reaching out bc of pass protection issues out of the backfield, you'd have to assume McGahee makes more sense seeing we have Hyno nd then Bear.

Beyond Wilson and AB, we dont really have anything proven.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    I don't get it...would you rather have him or D.Scott?? If the price is in the range of Torrain then why not?
    Does McGahee want to be the 3rd back?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Does McGahee want to be the 3rd back?
    Good question, It sounds like he's looking more for the secondary back. He want's to go to teams like GB and others. But if he sits around and no one picks him up I'm sure he'd play 3rd back.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    if he is willing to sign a vet min deal or something near it, yes. we wouldnt bring him here to be thr 1 or even 2 rb, so it doesnt really effect DW. It may AB as their may be some sort of camp competition were we to bring him in. This is about getting better across the board. just bc we're set at #1 and #2 depth chart rb's doesnt mean #3 is set...1- he is good in pass protection. 2-he's an everydown back that we could use as depth. 3- he'd be a good mentor for the younger guys.

if Leach was someone we were reaching out bc of pass protection issues out of the backfield, you'd have to assume McGahee makes more sense seeing we have Hyno nd then Bear.

Beyond Wilson and AB, we dont really have anything proven.
    +1 he would be great to have on 3rd downs.

+ Reply to Thread