+ Reply to Thread
    Bench Player

The Aggregate Drafting System

I wanted to invite you to test a new drafting system I've been developing, which takes your user input, and uses it to generate a mock draft. The system can be found here at http://www.adsdraft.com

Simply pick your favorite team, and you will be presented with two different prospects who you can choose between - choose to go later in the drafts, to test your knowledge of more obscure prospects. The draft updates hourly, and gets more accurate as more input is received - so be sure to check back often.

Have fun!

Re: The Aggregate Drafting System

So the Giants are taking Brandon Weeden QB oklahoma state in the first round with this system?

Bench Player

Not anymore - at the moment it's Jerel Worthy.

At the beginning you can expect a lot of bad picks for all teams, but this should even out over time, as you get more information from different users.

David DeCastro going 4 overall?

Bench Player

Just wanted to let everybody know that there's a lot more info on the site, including the ability to read (and create your own) scouting reports on all prospects. The scouting reports are also readable every time you have to choose between prospects, which should make decisions easier among later round picks (that you might be less familiar with).

The selection order was also updated, and the mock draft now extends for two rounds, though it gets a little messy at the end.

~Lyuokdea

Veteran

Great idea - fans love having input so why not get an aggregate selection of all the opinions. I look forward to seeing how it goes and obviously as you said once enough fans start voting the silly picks will go away.

[link]http://www.adsdraft.com [/link]

I seriously cant decide if I love it or if I hate it with all my gutz.

It could be fun tho, even if meaningless.

Bench Player

I'm working now on trying to make it a bit more interactive - and I have added the ability to read and write scouting reports on every prospect that is listed (there are now more than 100)

Is there anything else people would recommend to keep the system more engaging?

Thanks,

~Lyuokdea

[quote user="Lyuokdea"]I'm working now on trying to make it a bit more interactive - and I have added the ability to read and write scouting reports on every prospect that is listed (there are now more than 100)

Is there anything else people would recommend to keep the system more engaging?

Thanks,

~Lyuokdea[/quote]

It's a really good idea. Im not sure if you have this incorporated already but It may make it more accurate if you rate the players and add some algorithm to make sure the player's value also comes into account when the program selects them

for example earlier today the giants were taking Brandon Boykin CB Georgi in the 1st round and it was quite a big reach considering they are now selecting him in the 2nd round.