+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mock Draft .....1.11

Rd 1 - Michael Floyd - WR, Notre Dame.... Manningham is a FA and with the emergence of Cruz, Manningham is expendable. With that said, they need to keep weapons around Eli and Floyd is a guy that might fall to us in the draft. Super play maker that reminds me of a Larry Fitzgerald.

Rd 2 - Kevin Zeitler - G, Wisconsin.... Mauler! paved the way for Monte Ball this year and does a great job in run support. Petrus showed some promise, but a chance to get a guy like Zeitler is too good to pass up on.

Rd 3- DeQuan Menzie - CB, Alabama.... totally impressed me in the title game. Did a great job shedding blocks and making plays in the backfield. Ross is probably done and that leaves a huge gap after Webster and the unproven Prince. Typical Giants CB size too.

Rd 4 - Vick Ballard - RB, Miss. State.... Power back with good speed. Jacobs is pretty much done and will probably get released due to salary issues. His production has slipped and the Giants were dead last in the NFL in running this year. Ballard could provide a nice powerful mix and also, show the ability to run away from defenders.

Rd 5 - Sean Spence - OLB, The U.... Spence will drop in the draft due to his lack of ideal size (6'0" 225 lbs), but he was arguablythe most productive LB in the country this past year. Super smart and has the speed to get around the field. This kid could provide some good depth behind an aging Boley and a up and coming starter in Williams. Plus, if Spence turns out to be a gem, this could allow the Giants to move Kiwi back to DE.

Rd6 - Nick Provo - TE, Syracuse.... He was the only threat in the Syracuse offense this season. Caught everything thrown at him. Decent speed to elude defenders. TE is clearly an issue that needs to be addressed. Beckum is just terrible.

Rd7 - Dan Persa - QB, Northwestern.... Guy is tough! Smart QB that plays gritty. Does a great job disecting plays and would a fantastic back up for Eli.

"Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

Veteran

Re: Mock Draft .....1.11

[quote user="Shockeyitus"]

Rd 1 - Michael Floyd - WR, Notre Dame.... Manningham is a FA and with the emergence of Cruz, Manningham is expendable. With that said, they need to keep weapons around Eli and Floyd is a guy that might fall to us in the draft. Super play maker that reminds me of a Larry Fitzgerald.

Rd 2 - Kevin Zeitler - G, Wisconsin.... Mauler! paved the way for Monte Ball this year and does a great job in run support. Petrus showed some promise, but a chance to get a guy like Zeitler is too good to pass up on.

Rd 3*- DeQuan Menzie - CB, Alabama.... totally impressed me in the title game. Did a great job shedding blocks and making plays in the backfield. Ross is probably done and that leaves a huge gap after Webster and the unproven Prince. Typical Giants CB size too.

Rd 4 - Vick Ballard - RB, Miss. State.... Power back with good speed. Jacobs is pretty much done and will probably get released due to salary issues. His production has slipped and the Giants were dead last in the NFL in running this year. Ballard could provide a nice powerful mix and also, show the ability to run away from defenders.

Rd 5 - Sean Spence - OLB, The U.... Spence will drop in the draft due to his lack of ideal size (6'0" 225 lbs), but he was arguably*the most productive LB in the country this past year. Super smart and has the speed to get around the field. This kid could provide some good depth behind an aging Boley and a up and coming starter in Williams. Plus, if Spence turns out to be a gem, this could allow the Giants to move Kiwi back to DE.

Rd*6 - Nick Provo - TE, Syracuse.... He was the only threat in the Syracuse offense this season. Caught everything thrown at him. Decent speed to elude defenders. TE is clearly an issue that needs to be addressed. Beckum is just terrible.

Rd*7 - Dan Persa - QB, Northwestern.... Guy is tough! Smart QB that plays gritty. Does a great job disecting plays and would a fantastic back up for Eli.

[/quote]

If Floyd is the BPA then by all means go for it. Manningham will most likely be gone and you need 3 WRs in today's game.

We have similar taste, except I want Donta in the first round. Dequan (as I've posted numerous times about) is a guy I'm really wanting to get in a later round. He's flown under the radar because of the attention Dre K gets, but he's been great this year, some could even argue he has outplayed Dre, just doesn't have the upside and measurables that DK has. Brandon Boykin is another good CB that could be available in the 3rd. Would also be a great return guy. I would not complain with Floyd though. Guy is future star.

Vick Ballard and Sean Spence are 2 other guys I have on my wishlist. Like you said, Spence doesn't have the greatest size but he still gets the numbers. Watch for Danny Trevathan as well. Totally under the radar for a guy that has finished top 10 in tackles 2 years straight. Guy has great speed and instincts and knows how to tackle.

[quote user="critters"]We have similar taste, except I want Donta in the first round. Dequan (as I've posted numerous times about) is a guy I'm really wanting to get in a later round. He's flown under the radar because of the attention Dre K gets, but he's been great this year, some could even argue he has outplayed Dre, just doesn't have the upside and measurables that DK has. Brandon Boykin is another good CB that could be available in the 3rd. Would also be a great return guy. I would not complain with Floyd though. Guy is future star.

Vick Ballard and Sean Spence are 2 other guys I have on my wishlist. Like you said, Spence doesn't have the greatest size but he still gets the numbers. Watch for Danny Trevathan as well. Totally under the radar for a guy that has finished top 10 in tackles 2 years straight. Guy has great speed and instincts and knows how to tackle.
    [/quote]

I also really like Menzie we could probably get him later than the 3rd i'd say. Floyd isn't my first choice for our first pick but I would be pretty happy with it especially since I'm a ND fan and have his jersey. I really like the C from Wisconsin but the G in the 2nd is also pretty good i think we really need to find a good RT in this draft

I think the Giants have a better chance at landing Sanu in round 1 than Floyd. I actually think Floyd will go in the teens with all the teams who need receivers....But if he's there in the mid-late twenties he'd definitely be the BPA.

im a notre dame fan also so by all means floyd is good with me..i dont see it happening tho

Veteran

Where do you think that Jeffery goes? I would rather have him over anyone but Blackmon if we're talking about receivers.

[quote user="Spizi"]Where do you think that Jeffery goes? I would rather have him over anyone but Blackmon if we're talking about receivers.[/quote]

Blackmon is the top overall WR talent in this draft.... Anyone is kidding themselves if the think otherwise. I could see Jeffrey and Floyd battling for the #2 WR spot. The combine will determine the separation.

"Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

Alshon has been dropping on boards. Some late first round, some out of the first round. Anyone know why?

Veteran

[quote user="bLuereverie"]Alshon has been dropping on boards. Some late first round, some out of the first round. Anyone know why?[/quote]

Probably some of it has to do with his lack/drop in production, but that's a function of the fact that I could have been SC's starting QB.
    There's also talk that he has motivation issues (mostly stemming from reports that he came into camp way out of shape but again, if you're looking forward to having Stephen Garcia as your QB, I can understand not being excited for that).