+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 52 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: CRUZ SIGNED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
    Love Train O'Jays - great tune. Your argument weakens when you have to attack a screen name Before Shockey left I wanted him to stay- shoot me. Your entertaining I'll give you that! I might be on the loyalty train. I have watched JJ play since high school. I watched him in person many times at Troy which is 50 miles away. All of my daughters went to Troy and one of them knows JJ. I just happen to believe in him and am staying that way at least until I see otherwise. As of yet his oppurtunities have been limited playing behind one of the top Slot guys in the game who came out of nowhere. I'm cool with you giving up on him. I'm just more familiar with him and am not ready to say he can't be successful. I think the Giants drafted him in the third because they believe he has some game to him. I believe they will give him considerable chances to prove he has what it takes to be the future slot if Cruz becomes to expensive. We'll see.
    I admire your positive outlook on a guy whose got nothing going for him but a roster spot. I think JJ has a lot of skills, but just freezes up when the lights come on. If he could get over the heebie jeebies, he could make some noise. I never thought Andre Brown would amount to anything and now he is one of my favorite players.

[Edit] If JJ could do some things on KR, he could free up Wilson at RB. That's his real opportunity to help the team.
    Last edited by Gimaniac; 06-15-2013 at 10:44 PM.

Love Train O'Jays - great tune. Your argument weakens when you have to attack a screen name Before Shockey left I wanted him to stay- shoot me. Your entertaining I'll give you that! I might be on the loyalty train. I have watched JJ play since high school. I watched him in person many times at Troy which is 50 miles away. All of my daughters went to Troy and one of them knows JJ. I just happen to believe in him and am staying that way at least until I see otherwise. As of yet his oppurtunities have been limited playing behind one of the top Slot guys in the game who came out of nowhere. I'm cool with you giving up on him. I'm just more familiar with him and am not ready to say he can't be successful. I think the Giants drafted him in the third because they believe he has some game to him. I believe they will give him considerable chances to prove he has what it takes to be the future slot if Cruz becomes to expensive. We'll see.
    Well, that explains a lot. Fair enough. (And I admit I took a cheap shot about Shockey--I succumbed to the irresistible; doesn't negate my viewpoint, though).

I've previously agreed the Giants/Reese saw something in Jernigan, or else they would not have drafted him in 3rd round. That's not debatable. And they will likely give him his 4 year contract to prove himself, because that's what they tend to do with at least their 1st 3 picks. But, even by your own criteria, Jernigan won't have many chances until 2014 at the earliest since Cruz is here for at least 2013.

But none of these things give reason for optimism about his abilities as a pro. They are just a list of his circumstances, not any proven professional talent, so far.

Clock is ticking, and it picks up speed by the 4th year.
    Last edited by gmen46; 06-15-2013 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    Well, that explains a lot. Fair enough. (And I admit I took a cheap shot about Shockey--I succumbed to the irresistible; doesn't negate my viewpoint, though).

I've previously agreed the Giants/Reese saw something in Jernigan, or else they would not have drafted him in 3rd round. That's not debatable. And they will likely give him his 4 year contract to prove himself, because that's what they tend to do with at least their 1st 3 picks. But, even by your own criteria, Jernigan won't have many chances until 2014 at the earliest since Cruz is here for at least 2013.

But none of these things give reason for optimism about his abilities as a pro. They are just a list of his circumstances, not any proven professional talent, so far.

Clock is ticking, and it picks up speed by the 4th year.
    You have some understandable viewpoints. I'm cool with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Gimaniac View Post
    I admire your positive outlook on a guy whose got nothing going for him but a roster spot. I think JJ has a lot of skills, but just freezes up when the lights come on. If he could get over the heebie jeebies, he could make some noise. I never thought Andre Brown would amount to anything and now he is one of my favorite players.

[Edit] If JJ could do some things on KR, he could free up Wilson at RB. That's his real opportunity to help the team.
    Well thanks, I am hanging in there hoping he can somehow break thru with some positive consistency. I agree it would be great if he could nail the kick return duties with some impressive showings. He's got the skills to pull it off but with what Wilson did last year - the bar is set pretty high. Hang in there with the kid. I think he will make good with his chances this year.

Well thanks, I am hanging in there hoping he can somehow break thru with some positive consistency. I agree it would be great if he could nail the kick return duties with some impressive showings. He's got the skills to pull it off but with what Wilson did last year - the bar is set pretty high. Hang in there with the kid. I think he will make good with his chances this year.
    JJ hasn't got a lot of reps at WR during the regular season. He got drafted to a team that didn't have a pressing need at WR, so he never got that deep in game experience that is so important to rookies helping in helping them hone their skills.

Cruz has apparently annouced that he wants 9 million/year. Bye Victor, you won't be a Giant after this season. Zero to prima donna in 60 seconds flat. Makes it a lot easier to sign Nicks though.

Quote Originally Posted by NorwoodBlue View Post
    Cruz has apparently annouced that he wants 9 million/year. Bye Victor, you won't be a Giant after this season. Zero to prima donna in 60 seconds flat. Makes it a lot easier to sign Nicks though.
    Whether or not we sign Cruz, the Nicks negotiation next year will not be easy

Quote Originally Posted by NorwoodBlue View Post
    And the same report suggests the team is at $8M+ Cruz will sign a long term deal with the Giants in 2013. BTW, it wasn't Cruz who "announced" it was the infallible media. The diva comment isn't even worthy of a response.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 06-16-2013 at 05:45 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    And the same report suggests the team is at $8M+ Cruz will sign a long term deal with the Giants in 2013. BTW, it was Cruz who "announced" it was the infallible media. The diva comment isn't even worthy of a response.
    kicking the can is actually good for the Giants. We save real money this year ($3m vs $8+m) and we get to see the progression of Nicks and Cruz. We get to spend our money next year with more information in hand. If they both knock it out of the park this year, we may not be able to afford both but that's c'est la vie. One of them could be injured which allows us to make a more informed decision.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    kicking the can is actually good for the Giants. We save real money this year ($3m vs $8+m) and we get to see the progression of Nicks and Cruz. We get to spend our money next year with more information in hand. If they both knock it out of the park this year, we may not be able to afford both but that's c'est la vie. One of them could be injured which allows us to make a more informed decision.
    I think Condon will take a deal before the season starts. If it's for the current offer of $8M+ then that's what it is. It's better for Cruz to be locked in long term as 2014 approaches.

John Mara Quote:

"This is the right place for him to play," Mara told NFL Network recently. "He's a star in this area, he's an important part of our team, and I think we'll eventually get a deal done, but it's just a process that you have to go through. And we're going through it right now. There's communication, and it's slow but steady, and I think at some point we'll reach a deal."

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...-tender-source
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 06-17-2013 at 07:46 AM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

+ Reply to Thread