+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: CRUZ SIGNED!!!

Glad that crap is over. For now anyway.

Was always going to be the way. Gives Cruz a year to prove to the Giants he deserves the big pay day he wants. If we was to go out and get another 1000+ yards and 10 touchdowns...the guy would HAVE to be paid!

Wouldn't be surprised if we don't see a long-term deal until next off season.

We've also gone from having "major worries" at WR to arguably having one of the meanest receiving corps in the League.

Nicks-Cruz-Murphy-Randle-Myers....DANG!!

Quote Originally Posted by UKAnt14 View Post
    Was always going to be the way. Gives Cruz a year to prove to the Giants he deserves the big pay day he wants. If we was to go out and get another 1000+ yards and 10 touchdowns...the guy would HAVE to be paid!

Wouldn't be surprised if we don't see a long-term deal until next off season.
    I just have a hard time seeing him going before the start of pre-season without a long term deal, that's a huge risk to take for him...But you never know.

Cruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuz

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Not surprised at all.
    This is good for the team. Good job JR. And good job by Cruz for wanting to get on the field.
    Now, can Nicks play up to expectations for a full season or does Randle ease him out? Gilbride has heaped a lot of praise on Randle to include his accepting a leadership role.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    Man I happy but I thought this what the long term deal...
    If you read the link I posted above, it says he's going to try to get a long term deal done before camp starts. Doesn't guarentee anything, but he'll be with the team at least throught this season and he can participate with with the team in the mean time. I'm now more confident It'll get worked out before long and proves his desire to stay with the giants.

Baby steps.
    Tender is signed, hopefully he shows up to training camp.
    MAYBE a long term deal? Seems unlikely, but you never know. Still have to see how Nicks pans out.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGAiG88 View Post
    I just have a hard time seeing him going before the start of pre-season without a long term deal, that's a huge risk to take for him...But you never know.
    It's a huge risk but if Cruz is that sort of person then it's definitely a risk worth taking. Just think of the money he'd demand if he had another pro-bowl year.

Also gives the Giants and JR a chance to work out who they want out of Nicks and Cruz - can't see them keeping both. I believe Rueben Randle will have a MAJOR say in that too!

Quote Originally Posted by NYGAiG88 View Post
    Cruz just made the decision to give the team even more leverage than they already have. This makes the chances of a long term deal even less likely unless Cruz and his agent are much more realistic about their bargaining position.

It could be that he is willing to roll the dice this season to become a UFA next year. At which point we could franchise him. If we did that, it would be 2 years at an average of about $7.5MM./yr.
    Get well soon 80.