+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    Louisiana, they dont move too fast around there
    Especially if you don't ride around in a flying saucer.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    That's a harsh critique but a fair one. I wouldn't say he throws a lot of jump balls though, but the passes to the RB I agree.
    well less than the plax years no doubt. also take the sack somtimes, dont squeal turn your body and throw it left handed to a defender just to avoid a hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    well less than the plax years no doubt. also take the sack somtimes, dont squeal turn your body and throw it left handed to a defender just to avoid a hit.
    I'll give you that sometimes take the sack. Most of the time he's going to get hit anyway.

Veteran
    Improve his red zone play, which has been his greatest weakness throughout his career. His red zone production compared to other starting QB's hasn't been good in regards to TD's, completion %, and interceptions. There was a long discussion on this forum a long time ago about stats that I linked to that showed only Jay Cutler had more turnovers than Eli in the red zone over the 3 previous seasons. And that Eli's stats were an anomaly compared to other QB's because such a large portion of his TD's came from outside the red zone from big plays after the catch by our WR's.

The Eli fanatics were deflecting attention away with it via comments like "stats don't matter, Eli has 2 championships etc." as if it wasn't an issue at all that our passing offense needed to improve in red zone production.

Instead of yelling "Omaha!!" at LOS for calling an audible, I want Eli to yell something else for a change, like "Bangkok!!", or "Alottavagina", or "Shizzledizzy"

The opposing defense would be so lost.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperNYGiants View Post
    Instead of yelling "Omaha!!" at LOS for calling an audible, I want Eli to yell something else for a change, like "Bangkok!!", or "Alottavagina", or "Shizzledizzy"

If people followed your advice, pretty soon every QB would have tourettes in the huddle...

"Here's the play: a 59 ****bag, ****** turbo, with a t****sprinkle reverse on 2"

Quote Originally Posted by BeatYale View Post
    Improve his red zone play, which has been his greatest weakness throughout his career. His red zone production compared to other starting QB's hasn't been good in regards to TD's, completion %, and interceptions. There was a long discussion on this forum a long time ago about stats that I linked to that showed only Jay Cutler had more turnovers than Eli in the red zone over the 3 previous seasons. And that Eli's stats were an anomaly compared to other QB's because such a large portion of his TD's came from outside the red zone from big plays after the catch by our WR's.

The Eli fanatics were deflecting attention away with it via comments like "stats don't matter, Eli has 2 championships etc." as if it wasn't an issue at all that our passing offense needed to improve in red zone production.
    dollars to doughnuts this 3 yr period was before 2008/9 seasons. bc the redzone turnovers havent been an issue at all with eli in years, its jsut the lack of touchdowns scored really. am i sayin eli has never and will never throw a redzone int? no of course not.
    but the past 2-3 yrs, rivers, sanchez, and iirc either romo or ben have had the most redzone turnovers

Improve offensive play calling, simplify the route running and more playaction. We can actually fake the defenses out now that we have a healthy and dangerous rb. The only thing is, that the play action won't work with a terrible oline.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperNYGiants View Post

Eli needs to work with his agent on getting paid sponsors for his calls. He could bark out: "Toyota, Toyota!" or even gain a new sponsor: "RealCaliforniaMIlk, RealCaliforniaMilk!"

With this in mind, he could bring in more money that would go to the Victor Cruz salary charity to help bridge the "shortfall." Just one glass a day is all that could be asked of fans, and optionally, maybe even bring in a cow to call the signals once in a while, but ONLY during the preseason.

Aside from that, Eli would do well to check these boards each morning for critiques and make a list.

I think his biggest area of improvement is ball placement.