+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rex Ryan:"I'm a hell of a lot better football coach than I'm given credit for..."

Rex Ryan:"I'm a hell of a lot better football coach than I'm given credit for..."

"I don't need the credit," he told the newspaper. "But I can tell you one thing: When it's said and done, they'll look back and say, 'Oh, man, this dude can coach his butt off.' And you know what? It's true. And I'll let the people that know best talk on my behalf about the kind of coach I am. I don't have to brag, even though statistically, I can brag about anything I've ever done defensively."

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...pinion-himself

LOL LOL LOL if you don't have to brag then why are you, Rex?!

He is a very good defensive coach . . . I don't think anyone disputes that. The question is whether or not he is a good head coach.

Could u imagine Tom Coughlin saying this

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    He is a very good defensive coach . . . I don't think anyone disputes that. The question is whether or not he is a good head coach.
    A wise man once told me that if you are great you don't have go around telling everyone how great you are. Others around you will do that for you.

What baffles me is that he is saying this after not a Super Bowl winning season, but after 8-8 & 6-10 seasons. This guy is seriously delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    A wise man once told me that if you are great you don't have go around telling everyone how great you are. Others around you will do that for you.

What baffles me is that he is saying this after not a Super Bowl winning season, but after 8-8 & 6-10 seasons. This guy is seriously delusional.
    The guy just cannot keep his mouth shut no matter what the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Could u imagine Tom Coughlin saying this
    If TC were asked a leading question to get that very answer, he would just say "I don't really care about that, I just care about getting this team to work at training camp and putting the best football team out on the field."

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

By averaging the extremes, I think Ryan is rated appropriately. Two years ago, some would say he was a top-5 head coach. Today, some say he's a bottom-5 head coach.

Where does that leave him? Middle of the pack. I'd call that fair. He has the passion that can motivate a team to electric levels, but he can also be a distraction, and oblivious to the state of his locker room and team morale.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    If TC were asked a leading question to get that very answer, he would just say "I don't really care about that, I just care about getting this team to work at training camp and putting the best football team out on the field."
    I bet his response would be nearly identical to that. Or something very similar.

+ Reply to Thread