+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Austin?

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    So far, this appears to be the case. It's a bummer, because the hype on Austin was off the hook when he was drafted (next Warren Sapp, etc), and I totally bought into it.
    The problem with most of these kids is that they do everything in their powers to make it to the NFl then comes the money and the fame. He probably could have been the next Sapp, dont think he wants it tho

You're stretching into the psyche of an athlete again. The best he's looked is when he first came on for the Giants prior to getting injured. For all we know, that injury really threw him off tangent on top of missing the year before that.

All-Pro
    Missing the year in college was bad but at least he was healthy. He stayed in shape and looked good at the combine. Then he was hurt and lost another year. Those two years may be to much for him. It's a fast game and he is so far behind now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    I'll gladly bet 100 real life dollars that you are so, so, so wrong. For a site of Giants fans most of you are pretty much hypocrites when you have nothing to do but go with the Austin sucks threads.

Clearly you all have the attention span of a 2 year old toddler.
    Actually, the last time Austin wasn't a complete turd as a football player was long before the birth of any two year old toddler.

Also, for a poster so much smarter than the rest of us, you may want to look up the word hypocrite in the dictionary.

Quote Originally Posted by kfelgigiants View Post
    I have to agree. Everybody is saying hes no good but every chance hes been on the field hes dominated and blown up o lineman pass rushing. Although they were 2nd and 3rd string it is still what it is. The guy is 300+ and ran a sub 5.0 40 and pushed out 38 bench reps which is remarkable. He hasn't showed much stopping the run but has been injured so much (which is ridiculous) and has a lot of potential. I think one more chance to stay healthy and prove his talent and potential this year is reasonable. Hes gonna have an awful lot of competition this year though.
    Dominated and Blown up Oline? When did he do that? I watched all his snaps last season and at best he was average when he played

Here are his snaps from last year

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Here are his snaps from last year

I believe yo just proved your point.

Thanks for the video! After watching it I have a different opinion on Austin. I still think in that tape he showed flashes of both stopping the run and rushing the passer really well, but for the most part he is sluggish after initial contact, only has one move that doesn't work most the time and gets pushed outta the play too often. Hopefully he makes more hustle plays and finds a way plug up holes better. I still have faith, I guess we'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    I'll gladly bet 100 real life dollars that you are so, so, so wrong. For a site of Giants fans most of you are pretty much hypocrites when you have nothing to do but go with the Austin sucks threads.

Clearly you all have the attention span of a 2 year old toddler.
    Really didnt know that to be a fan you had to live in a dream world and love everyone on the 90 man roster.

nice job redeye... the guy never gets penetration ... I think we have seen the last of marvin in Blue