+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Veteran FishinTheSalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lansdale, Pa
    Posts
    2,763

    Pick your scenerio as an opposing team

    Your facing the giants this sunday, who do you put your top guy on? Who has a defense who can defend all three?

    Cruz, nicks, murphy and/or randall? Meaning revis, asomugha, samuel, who has a team who can cover all three?

    If murphy has the speed they say he does, it changes everything.

  2. #2
    Like this thread idea.

    As a defense of opposing team:

    Stop the run game so we don't get torched in the passing game.

  3. #3
    Top CB goes on Nicks. Preferably, he will also be the most physical of the group. He will also receive safety help over the top from someone who is excellent on taking angles.

    I want a smaller but more 'loose' CB on Cruz that can keep up with his shiftiness. He will receive help from the weakside LB so Cruz can't get too much YAC.

    Murphy is a receiver you might have to give a small cushion to. Allow the offense to get small completions to him every now and then BUT prevent the big play. Randle is a different monster but he needs to prove that he can beat you while you have Nicks and Cruz doubled.

    The strong safety should be adequate against any of our TEs 1v1 and while he may lose some snaps, none of them should really abuse him thoroughly.

    The run game of the Giants is the weaker poison to deal with (as of this time) than the pass game so I would dare the Giants to run the ball or to throw to the 3rd receiver/TE. Eli has a tendency to give his top two receivers a chance to make plays so your defensive backs will need to get a turnover or two to really contribute to a win.

    That's my uneducated opinion!
    3/25/14 - Updated Mock with 5th round comp pick

    1. Anthony Barr, Defensive End, UCLA
    2. Marcus Martin, Center Guard, USC
    3. Anthony Johnson, Defensive Nostril Tackle, LSU
    4. Marcel Jensen, Offensive End, Fresno State
    5. Wesley Johnson, Offensive Any Guard, Vanderbilt
    5. Aaron Colvin, Defensive Halfback, Oklahoma
    6. Storm Johnson, Guy Who Runs With Football, UCF

  4. #4
    Veteran FishinTheSalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lansdale, Pa
    Posts
    2,763
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Top CB goes on Nicks. Preferably, he will also be the most physical of the group. He will also receive safety help over the top from someone who is excellent on taking angles.

    I want a smaller but more 'loose' CB on Cruz that can keep up with his shiftiness. He will receive help from the weakside LB so Cruz can't get too much YAC.

    Murphy is a receiver you might have to give a small cushion to. Allow the offense to get small completions to him every now and then BUT prevent the big play. Randle is a different monster but he needs to prove that he can beat you while you have Nicks and Cruz doubled.

    The strong safety should be adequate against any of our TEs 1v1 and while he may lose some snaps, none of them should really abuse him thoroughly.

    The run game of the Giants is the weaker poison to deal with (as of this time) than the pass game so I would dare the Giants to run the ball or to throw to the 3rd receiver/TE. Eli has a tendency to give his top two receivers a chance to make plays so your defensive backs will need to get a turnover or two to really contribute to a win.

    That's my uneducated opinion!
    Very nice breakdown enigma, and not so uneducated. I just think if murphy has the speed to stetch the field like they are saying, how do you put the help on nicks when murphy is beating his guy on the other side of the field? Creates a lot of 1 on 1's for Eli elsewhere.

  5. #5
    Veteran FishinTheSalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lansdale, Pa
    Posts
    2,763
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoneroses6300 View Post
    Like this thread idea.

    As a defense of opposing team:

    Stop the run game so we don't get torched in the passing game.
    Lol, good point. I should have clarified in obvious passing situations (that is when we don't use the draw). My bad. Trying to think of a team who has the personell to cover all three.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Top CB goes on Nicks. Preferably, he will also be the most physical of the group. He will also receive safety help over the top from someone who is excellent on taking angles.I want a smaller but more 'loose' CB on Cruz that can keep up with his shiftiness. He will receive help from the weakside LB so Cruz can't get too much YAC.Murphy is a receiver you might have to give a small cushion to. Allow the offense to get small completions to him every now and then BUT prevent the big play. Randle is a different monster but he needs to prove that he can beat you while you have Nicks and Cruz doubled.The strong safety should be adequate against any of our TEs 1v1 and while he may lose some snaps, none of them should really abuse him thoroughly.The run game of the Giants is the weaker poison to deal with (as of this time) than the pass game so I would dare the Giants to run the ball or to throw to the 3rd receiver/TE. Eli has a tendency to give his top two receivers a chance to make plays so your defensive backs will need to get a turnover or two to really contribute to a win.That's my uneducated opinion!
    Pretty good opinion.

  7. #7
    Veteran Sean Montemayor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    CaliforNIA
    Posts
    748
    Quote Originally Posted by FishinTheSalt View Post
    Lol, good point. I should have clarified in obvious passing situations (that is when we don't use the draw). My bad. Trying to think of a team who has the personell to cover all three.
    Seattle. Browner, Chancellor, and Sherman. Will be an interesting game. Special teams and the run game will be our advantages. Assuming Wilson returns to the returner role and we have production from Andre Brown. He'll have a hella of a fun time against the run opposition if I'm not mistaken. But I believe we can get the job done.
    2014 Mock Draft 3.0

    Round, Position, Player, School

    1) TE, Eric Ebron, UNC
    2) DT/DE, Stephon Tuitt, Notre Dame
    3) WR, Jarvis Landry, LSU
    4) DE, Will Clarke, West Virginia
    5) C, Tyler Larsen, Utah State
    5) RB, Storm Johnson, UCF (Compensatory)
    6) OT, Seantrel Henderson, Miami (Prediction)
    UDFA- OLB, Boseko Lokombo, Oregon

    With the 12th pick overall,
    the New York Giants select...
    Eric Ebron, Tight End, University of North Carolina

  8. #8
    Simple. If I were opposing the Giants, I would run the ball at them all day. Omaha on every snap. Control TOP and abuse the crap linebackers, which will in turn keep Eli off the field. Stay in running formation all game and all passes are off play action. If you have capability for option offense, use it as much as possible. That's basically what Washington did in our second matchup last year...

    Of course, if Moore/Kiwi/Tuck are better at stopping the run to the outside than Osi was, that might not be as effective this time around...

  9. #9
    Veteran FishinTheSalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lansdale, Pa
    Posts
    2,763
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Simple. If I were opposing the Giants, I would run the ball at them all day. Omaha on every snap. Control TOP and abuse the crap linebackers, which will in turn keep Eli off the field. Stay in running formation all game and all passes are off play action. If you have capability for option offense, use it as much as possible. That's basically what Washington did in our second matchup last year...

    Of course, if Moore/Kiwi/Tuck are better at stopping the run to the outside than Osi was, that might not be as effective this time around...
    Toad, did you read past the title? Who do you put your top guy against us on, Murphy Nicks or Cruz. I agree our defense has been swiss cheese recently, wasn't the point of the thread.By the way, love your sig!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by FishinTheSalt View Post
    Very nice breakdown enigma, and not so uneducated. I just think if murphy has the speed to stetch the field like they are saying, how do you put the help on nicks when murphy is beating his guy on the other side of the field? Creates a lot of 1 on 1's for Eli elsewhere.
    Well don't forget that Murphy had a case of the dropsies during his stint with the Panthers last season. I'm sure defenses are going to want to see if he can be relied upon on the field before receiving too much respect. As long as there is a healthy Nicks and Cruz, there really isn't much else of a choice other than to use a single CB on him and probably in zone coverage.
    3/25/14 - Updated Mock with 5th round comp pick

    1. Anthony Barr, Defensive End, UCLA
    2. Marcus Martin, Center Guard, USC
    3. Anthony Johnson, Defensive Nostril Tackle, LSU
    4. Marcel Jensen, Offensive End, Fresno State
    5. Wesley Johnson, Offensive Any Guard, Vanderbilt
    5. Aaron Colvin, Defensive Halfback, Oklahoma
    6. Storm Johnson, Guy Who Runs With Football, UCF

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts