+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    "Starter" is pretty much meaningless now in football at most positions
    not at qb

I don't care who gets the first carry, just move the chains!
    Last edited by egyptian420; 06-16-2013 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by giants8493 View Post
    not at qb
    That's why he said most. Not all.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Yep, though I think Bradshaw had much the same issue with patience and instincts. Bradshaw turned into a very capable starter.

Brown has the best instincts of any HB the giants have had since Tiki.

But im not sure they need to knock Wilson to just say that Brown is a very good runner too. Both will get a ton of snaps if they stay healthy
    Thread should be closed after this post: nothing left to say.

Well...except that the thread should be closed.
    This space for rent

Banned
    Anyone expecting Wilson to be anything more than a spot player who if given a huge hole can go all the way is deluded.

Being a very good college back does not necessarily translate to the Pros...........I see Wilson as a project, sorry.

Andre Brown has been in the league for 3-4 years and has studied his craft............Brown was having All Pro type games until he broke his leg

Letting Bradshaw go was just plain DUMB

Brown needs a competent back up and that guy would have been Bradshaw.........Wilson should come in late in game when the D is very tired

He is no Ray Rice who I was peeved we did not draft out of Rutgers

If our line could block like the Suburbanites then Wilson could be a Joe Morris type runner

That is the way Bradshaw was used originally to great success...........Wilson is a straight ahead bullet train.....with no patience or cut back ability at all
    Last edited by BParcells777; 06-16-2013 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    Anyone expecting Wilson to be anything more than a spot player who if given a huge hole can go all the way is deluded.

Being a very good college back does not necessarily translate to the Pros...........I see Wilson as a project, sorry.

Andre Brown has been in the league for 3-4 years and has studied his craft............Brown was having All Pro type games until he broke his leg

Letting Bradshaw go was just plain DUMB

Brown needs a competent back up and that guy would have been Bradshaw.........Wilson should come in late in game when the D is very tired

He is no Ray Rice who I was peeved we did not draft out of Rutgers

If our line could block like the Suburbanites then Wilson could be a Joe Morris type runner

That is the way Bradshaw was used originally to great success...........Wilson is a straight ahead bullet train.....with no patience or cut back ability at all
    Everything in this post is flat-out wrong.

I personally think we are going to have a difficult time with hynosky limited/injured. Most of our oline is subpar. As we have learned since some of the better oline got injured/left maybe 2009 you CANT have a great running back without a good line. Its why peterson went from 1000 yards to 2000 its why c2k went from 2k to (1300 ?)

You need a great running back and a great oline. Since ohara and seubert injuries our o-line has been bad. They played well in spots last year against bad teams panthers, saints, browns, (had an on commonly good game against 49 ers) but when faced with decent defences they could not do crap but kick field goals. The 4 straight 3 and outs in the 4th quarter against the steelers showing how lame the offence really was.

He has no patience, runs into his blockers and will get Eli killed
    wow...you gained all that knowledge from OTAs and one week of minis....
    ok then.....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Banned
    No I got it from watching him do a Small Ron Dayne imitation last year............running right into the axxes of his own blockers time and time again

Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is the definition of madness

No I got it from watching him do a Small Ron Dayne imitation last year............running right into the axxes of his own blockers time and time again

Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is the definition of madness
    Remember when Dayne averaged 5 ypc? Ya, me neither